“Very disappointing ”

Sevens Boatshed
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We went here for fish and chips for lunch. We had bought a voucher for live elite. Now I understand that when you buy these vouchers the food isn't usually as good if you had bought it at the full price. But even still I was very disappointed. I'm pretty sure the fish was not cod, if it was then it's the worst cod I have ever eaten. The best part of the meal was the mushy peas! It's a real shame as the restaurant has a beautiful view and would have loved to become a regular here. Shame to say I will never be going back.

1  Thank leahparker90

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We went to this restaurant using a voucher. On arrival was greated by very pleasant young lady and shown to our table, (there were only 2 other couples there at this point). Beautiful views over the lake.
As part of our deal we had fish and chips with mushy peas, chips and peas were lovely but the fish batter was burnt, fish inside was lovely but a little dry. Never mind, let's try the pudding (which was extra). I ordered the chocolate brownie, chocolate sauce and pistachio ice cream, my husband had baked cheesecake. My husband's pudding was lovely, mine however looked cremated! I had no chocolate sauce and my burnt offering was on some sort of jam(which I don't like and wouldn't have ordered). I tried to cut the brownie but it was nearly impossible without the aid of a chisel! To be honest if I were the chef I would've thrown it in the bin! It looked awful! My husband took it back and asked for another. When the second one arrived (with chocolate sauce) it wasn't much better. When we went to pay the young lady that served us reduced the bill by 10% to reflect the pudding disaster, I appreciated this but to be honest I really expected more of a restaurant like this! I will not be going here again and certainly won't be recommending it to any of my friends.

1  Thank Janice N
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Dreadful service; rude manager who couldn't organise... anything! People queuing for attention, menus, service and the staff doing their utmost to be rude and pretend customers aren't there! If I were the owners I wouldn't hesitate to make necessary improvements...

3  Thank Christopher P
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Took my mum here for a treat just before mother's day - amazing afternoon tea! Great selection, quantity and quality and the staff were friendly and helpful. Will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a disastrous meal at this restaurant. We had cod and chips, it looked great, but was totally raw and stone cold in the middle of both our fish. The waiter took it away, he seemed embarrassed. New meals eventually arrived, not as bad as the first lot but still chewy, undercooked and just warm. My husband had burnt peas on his plate too. We were not offered any recompense, not even coffee. The potential for food poisoning is a concern, diners beware!

1  Thank omeganatasha