“Food good, but the service really sets this restaurant apart from the rest.”
Review of Isabels

Isabels
Ranked #11 of 363 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$32 - US$57
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dorset, England
“Food good, but the service really sets this restaurant apart from the rest.”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I recently went to Isabels as part of a group of 8 celebrating a birthday. This is the third time I have visited Isabels and the experience has always been good.
It is the service of the staff that really sets off the restaurant. The waitress explained that we could mix and match any of the items off each menu, even the discounted ones, but we all decided to order off the A La Carte. When some of the party had queries about the sauces that accompanied some of the dishes, it was explained that we could change any sauce, ie red wine for mushroom etc if we wanted to, it seemed nothing was too much trouble.
The food when it arrived was good, it is not the best food I have eaten, but tasty. One of our party had the fillet steak ordered rare, but when it arrived it was well done. Once pointed out, it was immediately removed with an apology and a completely new dish was quickly made up and bought out.
The one thing I would mention is that Isabels do not seem to have changed their menu in years! Obviously they do not want to mess with a winning formula, but it would be nice to see something different on the A La Carte menu every so often. Also the menu is the largest I have ever seen in a restaurant. I would have thought they must have difficult carrying so much stock to enable them to serve every dish.
Overall I would be very happy to return to Isabels, It was full of customers when we went on a Wednesday night, obviously they are doing a lot right to get such loyal customers.

• Visited August 2013

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Taste tastic!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is the best in Bournemouth. The food is incredible and the service is great. One of the best meals I've ever had. Incredible.

• Visited July 2013
bournemouth
“great food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Have eaten here many times and the food is always excellent. The only downside is that the menu doesn't change that much and it is not an extensive menu, so we limit our visits to about four times per year. Staff are always very friendly

• Visited June 2013
Bournemouth
“Only let down by the coffee”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We had a mid week meal there and found the service warm and attentive in the main. My starter of goats cheese and beetroot with raspberry dressing was delicious and the Porc Mignons with apple and calvados were good also.
Despite a full restaurant we were given plenty of time to choose, but not left too long before ordering. Once ordered, the meals turned up in good time and we appreciated that they left us alone to let our mains go down and finish our wine before asking us if we wanted dessert.
The only disappointment was the coffee. We would have expected proper continental espresso in a restaurant like this, but they only had a bean to cup machine that made very poor coffee. I think I'll skip that next time.
Another small niggle was, when asked if the nuts on one of the dessert dishes included Brazil nuts because I am allergic, the waitress didn't want to bother to find out. She just advised avoiding the dish.
Other than that, we enjoyed our visit

• Visited July 2013
uk
“Faultless in every way”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

From the moment we stepped inside we felt relaxed by the warm welcome. We were shown to a lovely table in a booth. Once we had looked through the menu Luciano came and asked if there was anything he could help us with. Also, if there was anything we would like that was not on the menu, if he had the ingredients then they would cook it for us, although I cannot imagine not choosing from their fabulous menu.
My husband ordered a large glass of red wine. Luciano said that "here we do not serve large glasses, they are friendly glasses!" Excellent.
Our meals were beautifully presented and served at the perfect temperature so you could really appreciate the flavours of the food (served piping hot you cannot taste anything).
Throughout our meal we were served by a South African waitress (sorry, we have forgotten her name) and she really added to our lovely experience.
This is truly one of the best restaurants we have been to and we have been to many at all different price ranges.
Although this is a six hour round trip car journey we cannot wait to go back.

• Visited June 2013