“superb service a friendly establishment”
Review of Isabels

Isabels
Ranked #11 of 363 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$32 - US$57
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“superb service a friendly establishment”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The food was interesting in the choices on offer. For example my husband had pigeon which he hadn't eaten since our trip to Egypt many moons ago. My fish was perfectly fresh and huge - prices very reasonable and ambience abounded this small establishment. Very busy so book a table you will be pleasantly surprised. A little gem.

Visited July 2014

Dorset, United Kingdom
“Distinctive French cuisine in horse box setting.”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Wide menu with a very good choice of dishes with a French overtone.
My venison was very tender, and my wife's duck was great.
Very good mixed seafood salad to start.
Because of the high booths, difficult to attract a waitress.

• Visited July 2014
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Old fashioned French style”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We dined here in a party of six, we had a great evening full of well cooked French food and wine. The staff were all very efficient and chatty.
We would return if we were in the area during the week when there are good value set menus.

Visited June 2014
“Good food but getting dated”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

It had been a while since we had been to Isabel's and we're looking forward to an enjoyable evening. The restaurant and front of house was excellent as usual but we found the menu had changed little through the years. I wish I could give it 5 stars but the chef needs to change the menu and vegetables offered as a few of them are starting to look dated.

Visited June 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fantastic customer service spoilt by badly cooked steaks”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This restaurant was very highly recommended so I made a special trip to try it out.

The welcome and customer service were simply superb and the front of house deserve recognition for their work. Well done.

Ordered a well done steak. Medium steak arrived (I never, ever eat uncooked meat).

The whole meal was changed almost immediately with profuse apologies.

Replacement meal arrived extremely quickly. Too quickly to have turned a medium steak into a well done steak.

The same steak was served to me again and was again mostly medium rather than well done.

Very disappointing.

Again the customer service was exceptional. The whole cost of the meal and two soft drinks was cancelled - a very pleasing result.

However, the chef has failed Isabel's owners, the front of house staff and me and that's a real pity.

I cancelled my reservation for the next day and will not be back.

• Visited June 2014