“Second stay as nice as the first”
Review of Quayside B&B

Quayside B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poole
Quayside B&B
Ranked #30 of 50 Poole B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Second stay as nice as the first”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I visited the Quayside B&B for the second time last weekend due to a family event nearby. Proprietor remembered me from the first visit and asked how things were since the last visit. We had a nice room on the first floor with all the amenities i needed for a short trip. After the noise from the outside has gone (due to being nearby a few pubs) we slept very well. Breakfast was nice as well.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Em_Anne_H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
folkestone
Reviewed 29 October 2012

1) no central heating - there was an electricfire but not man enough for the job
2) bed very uncomfortable
3) window didn't close properly so noisy all night
4) bedding too small, so one of us was always cold
5) veneer peeling off bathroom cabinet and door swang open over the basin - wouldn't close
6) chose it because it wasnear the ferry, but parking was a nightmare
7) breakfast was highlight - the egg was perfect but cooked tomatoes cold and bacon hard

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank evieFolkestone
London
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I've stayed at this B&B twice. The first time, it was ok. We stayed there as it is in a great location and it was last minute. The second time, it was terrible. The mattresses are tired and I couldn't sleep. It felt like I was laying on railway tracks. Breakfast is too early. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lexie123
Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We stayed here for one night in June 2012. We were only about 500 yards away and telephoned for directions as this is on the High Street in Poole and it was particularly busy. I gave my name and asked for a 'landmark' to help; after discussing various shops (which I couldn't see) I was told the B&B was opposite the Museum (huge building, couldn't miss it).

I asked where the parking was (had been advised public car park opposite at the time of booking); was given directions to the rear of the property and told to park in one of the three spaces; my Husband remained with the luggage to check into the room. On arrival at the parking, all three spaces were occupied; I telephoned again explaining this and was told she had made a mistake and I was not allocated any parking and to return and she would (again) direct me to parking (which I was expecting to be opposite so a little confused!!). This time I was directed to parking about a five minute walk away. My husband advised that he had been shown to a reasonable looking double room initially, however, once she realised that she had made a mistake she then showed him to a triple room (Room 8).

Oh dear, the room! this was very poorly laid out / cramped, we both walked into the end of the double bed at different times as the gap was so narrow. Strange 'plastic' cushions adorned the beds; the bed did not feel fresh - perhaps it needed an air; all three packets of biscuits were identical. The room was very stuffy, not sure when the interior of the window was last cleaned. The bathroom did not improve at all - it was not possible to sit on the toilet, other than sideways as there was insufficient room for ones knees. Bathroom was in need of some love; in fact a refurbishment would have been welcome throughout. Bare essentials were provided.

Breakfast was OK, served in the cafe next door (accessed from the B&B).

We won't be returning.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen P
Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Stayed at the Quayside very nice, great breakfast very nice hosts and excellent location any nearer to the quay and we would have got wet, recommend thanks

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vbbvespa
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Visited Tourist Information and was recommended to Quayside B&B as we were told it was a lovely place. Also they accepted payment by debit/credit card, and they had parking available. Also it is very convenient for Poole Quay. However, when we arrived we were told there was no parking available (they only have 3 spaces and the owner was occupying 2 of them). Payment was requested as we arrived and I said we would pay by card, but was told they were having some problems with their card machine and could we pay cash. I said the TI had said cards accepted and that was how I wanted to pay, so she got the machine and, yes, it worked ok! We had Room 2 on the front and on a very hot night we left the window open. Soon after 11.00 pm we had the nearby bars/restaurants dumping their empty bottles into bottle bank. Then from about midnight we had numerous cars/taxis dropping people outside, who then decided to have long and loud conversations before moving away. This went on until about 2.30 am. Then it was quiet until about 5.45 am when the refuse lorry came to collect all the empty bottles from the bottle bank, then it was the council vehicles emptying the litter bins, then delivery trucks bringing fresh stock to the commercial premises nearby. Absolute nightmare, but far too hot to close the window. The bed was hard, the duvet heavy like an old quilt and the TV only had 2 channels with no remote control. Bathroom cabinet door broken and electric shower placed dangerously low down in cubicle where it can get soaked through. Breakfast supposed to begin at 7.30 but when we arrived at 7.40 the tables hadn't been laid up. No fruit juice or cereal offered, only full English or a few variations on this. We asked for tea and were given a cup (not a pot) and had to ask for another cup. Toast was provided before our cooked breakfast, but no offer of any more toast made. Breakfast is served in the cafe next door (owned by the same family) but I was disturbed to see a cat strolling through the cafe while we were having breakfast, which I considered totally unsatisfactory. The only good thing about this B&B is the plentiful supply of tea/coffee/milk in the room, and 3 packets of biscuits!! Would not stay there again as for £70 we expected better.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back may be quieter, but there is a car park which is shared by quite a few businesses...