“Excellent budget accomodation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poole
Branksome Railway Hotel
Ranked #42 of 50 Poole B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent budget accomodation”
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Surprised by the previous review. I stayed here with my husband and friends, we had no complaints. We were actually pleasantly surprised by the size and cleanliness of our room for what we paid and the ensuite also a good size. Was nice to see they provide shampoo, coffee and biscuits as don't even get this at some more expensive hotels.

We stayed at the front of the hotel so could here a bit of traffic noise. nothing too bad, our friends stayed at the back which was nice and quiet.

We got the train down which was conveniently outside the hotel and they have a car park that our friends used. It's in a good location between Poole and Bournemouth so we could easily get into Bournemouth town centre one night and drove to Sandbanks beach the following morning.

We booked breakfast for both days, glad we did as it was very good.

This is a small hotel that I would recommend. If you are expecting an immaculate hotel then go to one of the chains, if you just want a clean room at a good price then come here.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank Beth98

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I stayed here with a group of girls, when we arrived we had the delight of using the car park, located at the back. This gave us a wonderful view of The Branksome Railway Hotel from behind the building, dirty and grubby with guests hanging out the windows shouting and smoking! When we entered the 'hotel' (laughable that they actually call it this), we entered what can only be considered a 'working men's social club' environment, it smelt, it was cold, drab and filthy. The reception staff / bar man, looked like he'd been put there by accident and was virtually clueless. After being harassed by the local drunks, who volunteered the information that they wouldn't follow me to my room, how reassuring! I climbed the stairs to the top, giving me the opportunity to look at every single dirty, hair-ridden stair in the building. When I arrived at the top, I entered my room, sorry, that should be storage cupboard - It was so small, and yet a double for two people, that we literally couldn't stand up at the same time! The bathroom was clean, as too were the sheets, but the broken smoke detector hanging of the wall, and the slimy dated curtains proved that if you looked a little bit closer cleanliness wasn't a strong point. The only saving grace is that the girls I stayed with made it great fun, we all checked each others rooms out to see who's was the worst! Hilarious! Unfortunately ours the smallest! It makes a great story, but it is never a hostel I'd want to revisit, even if you paid me! For £60 a night you could get a good budget chain hotel that would be clean, safe and comfortable, and you can probably have two people stood up at the same time too - what luxury!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank DeliciousDiningAdmin

Travellers are raving about these Poole hotels