“Another Superb Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Rising Sun - CLOSED

The Rising Sun
Price range: US$13 - US$36
Cuisines: British, Mediterranean, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: At the Rising Sun we strived to develop an environment in which all ages would feel at home. So from lounge seating to bar stools and beautiful wooden tables in the dining area we hope you too will feel at home with us! From the kitchen we serve traditional and innovative dishes with the menu changing with the seasons. So come and see us for a quick sandwich or bowl of mussels at lunch or a three course gastro delight in the evening, the choice is up to you, just remember to book to avoid those disappointments!
Poole, United Kingdom
“Another Superb Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We visited this restaurant again on the spur of the moment- what a wise decision this was. Our table wasn't until 9pm by which time a few of the specials had run out but this was not a problem as the chef quickly created some new specials. I chose one of these as my starter- goats' cheese and walnut salad. It was delicious. My husband equally enjoyed his risotto too. For main I had fillet steak - medium rare. In truth my steak was more like rare but it didn't matter as its quality was so good. The forestiere sauce to accompany it was beautiful. My husband had moules frites as good as any he has eaten in France. Our puddings were equally delicious. It was not a problem that I wanted vanilla ice cream to go with my chocolate fondant rather than the peanut butter ice cream on the menu nor was it a problem that my husband wanted his coffee with pudding and I wanted mine after.
All in all we had a beautiful meal in great surroundings with attentive, professional service. I cannot wait for another excuse to return

Visited June 2014

Mala, Spain
“Excellent and informal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

A lovely meal always awaits in this restaurant. An informal gadtropub with high quality food at a reasonable price. Excellent service as well.

• Visited May 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food, atmosphere and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I went here with my husband to celebrate our anniversary. So we expected a good dinner and we selected this restaurant as we were recommended by friends and from reviews on here.

And we were not disappointed!

We had an array of starters, whitebait, houmous ( best I've had in a restaurant!) and homemade quail scotch egg. Delicious. Portion sizes are so generous!

Main I had the risotto of the day, pea and might. Delicious! Huge portion! My husband had pork belly which was Devine. I stole some :)

Couldn't fit in desert as was bursting!

This place has so much atmosphere, and staff were so brilliant.

Go here, you will not be disappointed!

• Visited May 2014
Bridport, United Kingdom
“Good pub food, lovely service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here several times before attending concerts at The Lighthouse and have always had a lovely meal and excellent service in pleasant surroundings. We usually try to arrive at around 5.45, get drinks and menus and they take our orders promptly at 6 when service starts so that we can comfortably eat our meal and get to the venue by 7.30. It's a well-run operation serving good pub food.

1 Thank Punky_bird
Linslade, United Kingdom
“Never fails to impress.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

During my half-yearly visits to see friends in Poole, we invariably find ourselves being drawn back to this gastro-pub, attracted by its convenient location, good service and quality food. Yes, it's a little more expensive than similar establishments away from the south Coast, but not excessively so.
In addition to menu regulars, there is a specials board, although in my experience, this invariably does not last the evening, so perhaps an earlier dining time would be an option during busier / holiday periods. Often, these dishes are fish-oriented, so much depends on what chef has managed to acquire from his local sources. As they say: "When it's gone, it's definitely gone!"
On Easter Saturday evening, the restaurant was busy but not bursting, and table bookings appear to be staggered, which helps the front-of-house and kitchen-staff to manage the flow.
Another very enjoyable evening in pleasant surroundings - I'll be back!

• Visited April 2014