“very good value, food and service”
Review of The Rising Sun - CLOSED

The Rising Sun
Price range: US$13 - US$36
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At the Rising Sun we strived to develop an environment in which all ages would feel at home. So from lounge seating to bar stools and beautiful wooden tables in the dining area we hope you too will feel at home with us! From the kitchen we serve traditional and innovative dishes with the menu changing with the seasons. So come and see us for a quick sandwich or bowl of mussels at lunch or a three course gastro delight in the evening, the choice is up to you, just remember to book to avoid those disappointments!
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“very good value, food and service”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

visited with my partner and had the £13 2 course special. was good service but 2 waiters who liked their job. the decor is noce and modern and alot better than most.

the food was tasty and plentiful and would recommend for drinks afterwards as theres a good atmopshere

• Visited June 2014

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are in the area on holiday and decided on dinner in this lovely gastropub. The staff were really friendly and service good and I cannot rave highly enough about how delicious my steak and ale pie and gravy was. Not to mention the amazing sticky toffee pudding we shared! Really great evening, so much so that we plan another visit later this week before we go home from holiday!

• Visited June 2014
Poole
“Great pub, lovely food and very friendly staff”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I had my wedding reception at the Rising Sun in April this year, we had an amazing day, the staff were very friendly and helpful to all the guests, the wedding breakfast and the evening Buffett was incredible. There were lots of bar staff working all day so no one had to wait long for a drink!! The venue is lovely and lends itself to a great atmosphere. Food and drinks are also reasonably priced. I would highly recommend people to check this pub out for a meal or to hire it for a special event.

• Visited April 2014
Poole, United Kingdom
“Another Superb Meal”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We visited this restaurant again on the spur of the moment- what a wise decision this was. Our table wasn't until 9pm by which time a few of the specials had run out but this was not a problem as the chef quickly created some new specials. I chose one of these as my starter- goats' cheese and walnut salad. It was delicious. My husband equally enjoyed his risotto too. For main I had fillet steak - medium rare. In truth my steak was more like rare but it didn't matter as its quality was so good. The forestiere sauce to accompany it was beautiful. My husband had moules frites as good as any he has eaten in France. Our puddings were equally delicious. It was not a problem that I wanted vanilla ice cream to go with my chocolate fondant rather than the peanut butter ice cream on the menu nor was it a problem that my husband wanted his coffee with pudding and I wanted mine after.
All in all we had a beautiful meal in great surroundings with attentive, professional service. I cannot wait for another excuse to return

Visited June 2014
Mala, Spain
“Excellent and informal”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A lovely meal always awaits in this restaurant. An informal gadtropub with high quality food at a reasonable price. Excellent service as well.

• Visited May 2014