“Consistently great for food and service”
Review of The Rising Sun - CLOSED

The Rising Sun
Price range: US$13 - US$36
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At the Rising Sun we strived to develop an environment in which all ages would feel at home. So from lounge seating to bar stools and beautiful wooden tables in the dining area we hope you too will feel at home with us! From the kitchen we serve traditional and innovative dishes with the menu changing with the seasons. So come and see us for a quick sandwich or bowl of mussels at lunch or a three course gastro delight in the evening, the choice is up to you, just remember to book to avoid those disappointments!
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is one of the best restaurants in Poole. Consistently great food and service at a reasonable price. Midweek weekend lunchtime or dinner you can rely on this gastro pub to have a friendly atmosphere and lovely food. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Charlie V
There are newer reviews for The Rising Sun

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I went for my 30th just me and a friend. We had a lovely table very cosy and chilled and as we went midweek it was not busy so peaceful.
The waitress and bar staff were very friendly, happy and helpful.
The food we chose was - Duck pate - this looked very nice and tasted amazing - large portion as well! my friend had Thai fish cakes which were very tasty and good portion size. For mains we both had the Salmon. To date i have never had a good salmon when eating out but this salmon was epic! the sauce, mash and veg were so tasty and i could not eat it quick enough! large portions again which is great! for pudding i had creme brulee it was heavily, and my friend had the new forest icecream. We were both so full up after but it was not uncomfortable it was pleasant from good food.

The prices are very good and considering i had a glass of champagune and a glass of large wine, my friend had soda water and lime we spent around £70..i'd happily pay slightly more for the quality of food and service we received.

the Rising Sun Pub has everything right, the atmosphere, decor, outside areas and restaurant has a good ambiance, the staff are very helpful and the food we had was amazing.

I will be going back to try out some more dishes very soon - i would advise to book to be on the safe side

Reviewed 19 June 2014

visited with my partner and had the £13 2 course special. was good service but 2 waiters who liked their job. the decor is noce and modern and alot better than most.

the food was tasty and plentiful and would recommend for drinks afterwards as theres a good atmopshere

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are in the area on holiday and decided on dinner in this lovely gastropub. The staff were really friendly and service good and I cannot rave highly enough about how delicious my steak and ale pie and gravy was. Not to mention the amazing sticky toffee pudding we shared! Really great evening, so much so that we plan another visit later this week before we go home from holiday!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I had my wedding reception at the Rising Sun in April this year, we had an amazing day, the staff were very friendly and helpful to all the guests, the wedding breakfast and the evening Buffett was incredible. There were lots of bar staff working all day so no one had to wait long for a drink!! The venue is lovely and lends itself to a great atmosphere. Food and drinks are also reasonably priced. I would highly recommend people to check this pub out for a meal or to hire it for a special event.