“Excellent!”
Review of The Rising Sun - CLOSED

The Rising Sun
Price range: US$13 - US$36
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At the Rising Sun we strived to develop an environment in which all ages would feel at home. So from lounge seating to bar stools and beautiful wooden tables in the dining area we hope you too will feel at home with us! From the kitchen we serve traditional and innovative dishes with the menu changing with the seasons. So come and see us for a quick sandwich or bowl of mussels at lunch or a three course gastro delight in the evening, the choice is up to you, just remember to book to avoid those disappointments!
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very nice meal, the food was great and the atmosphere was really nice. The seating was set out in a way that felt like you weren't sat on top of each other

The halloumi starter and the fish cake starter was delicious!
The burgers were really good too! Word of warning though, portions are exceptionally generous! I was defeated by my burger :-(

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Returned for second visit on Saturday evening and have to say, it was even better than the first. Our party of four arrived at 7.pm and were met by friendly and helpful employees and shown to our table. The main courses of Sea Bass, Pork Belly and Langoustine were excellent, all cooked to perfection all served with interesting accompaniments . If I had to search hard for something to criticize, it would only be the few muscles that had failed to open on the fish dishes, other wise perfect. (As someone who cooks a lot of fish I know when it’s good). No issues with the service levels, selection of wines or total bill which with starters, drinks and coffee came in between £25 -£30 a head. Fair value and not overcrowded for a Saturday night either. - Once again, remember to pay for parking if your there for an evening meal or face a £60.00 ticket!

1  Thank David L
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is one of the best restaurants in Poole. Consistently great food and service at a reasonable price. Midweek weekend lunchtime or dinner you can rely on this gastro pub to have a friendly atmosphere and lovely food. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Charlie V
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I went for my 30th just me and a friend. We had a lovely table very cosy and chilled and as we went midweek it was not busy so peaceful.
The waitress and bar staff were very friendly, happy and helpful.
The food we chose was - Duck pate - this looked very nice and tasted amazing - large portion as well! my friend had Thai fish cakes which were very tasty and good portion size. For mains we both had the Salmon. To date i have never had a good salmon when eating out but this salmon was epic! the sauce, mash and veg were so tasty and i could not eat it quick enough! large portions again which is great! for pudding i had creme brulee it was heavily, and my friend had the new forest icecream. We were both so full up after but it was not uncomfortable it was pleasant from good food.

The prices are very good and considering i had a glass of champagune and a glass of large wine, my friend had soda water and lime we spent around £70..i'd happily pay slightly more for the quality of food and service we received.

the Rising Sun Pub has everything right, the atmosphere, decor, outside areas and restaurant has a good ambiance, the staff are very helpful and the food we had was amazing.

I will be going back to try out some more dishes very soon - i would advise to book to be on the safe side

Reviewed 19 June 2014

visited with my partner and had the £13 2 course special. was good service but 2 waiters who liked their job. the decor is noce and modern and alot better than most.

the food was tasty and plentiful and would recommend for drinks afterwards as theres a good atmopshere