“Excellent Family Meal”

Ranked #135 of 360 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: British, Pub, Grill
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Harvester Poole in Parkstone food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Parkstone, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Branksome, East Howe and Bear Cross, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Excellent Family Meal”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Couldn't fault anything about our visit. We were given a nice quiet table despite it being Friday evening, the food was brilliant and our 1 year old son was treated wonderfully. Couldn't fault it at all.

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Harvester, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review. All the staff here find it very encouraging to see feedback, and we are pleased that you enjoyed the experience when you visited us recently. We would love you to visit again, and have replied to you personally.

• Polish first
Winchester, England, United Kingdom
“Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is not a quality restaurant, just functional. We had lunch here today,
Greeting was not particularly friendly or welcoming, but we were shown quickly to a table and from there on the service was quick and accurate.

Drinks were ordered and came quickly, food ordered and this arrived without delay. Whilst waiting for the mains to be delivered we used the salad bar, which was quite well stocked, a black hair was protruding from one of the salad bowls but this might have dropped in from a previous guest, a little off putting.

Food was good, well presented and enjoyable.

We were asked if everything was OK, which really it was. Didn't mention the hair, maybe I should have done.

When we finished mains we were asked if we wanted deserts, we didn't, then the bill was produced quickly, we settled and left.

Service was quick and efficient but not particularly friendly. Waitress kept us informed at all times about what she was going to do next and when she would be back to visit us.

I think here the only problem we had was there was no warmth from the waitress. She was efficient with our order.

This restaurant is good for a quick lunchtime stop but if you want a special occasion I would say no!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Rollerteam707
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Harvester, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
We were sorry to see from your review that you were disappointed in your recent visit to us. Your feedback is always welcomed as our aim is to get it right, and we will learn from your comments. We have also replied to you personally on this matter.
Creekmoor
“I will not return and advise you to go elsewhere.”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Myself, my wife, my son and my parents-in-law arrived circa 13:00 hrs on Sunday 23rd February 2014 at the Seahorse Harvester outlet in Alder Road, Poole. There was no-one to greet us, so we sat at a vacant table. The lack of a "greeter" was subsequently attributed to a problem with some piece of kitchen equipment (it may have been the ice-cream machine) by the duty manager. We settled and my son and I went to the bar. Whilst there, a waitress approached our table in what I can only describe as an aggressive "flap". Her animation was such that it attracted my attention from the bar, and I went over to investigate. Her attitude was repugnant, objectionable and nothing short of downright rude. Her "justification" was that we had sat a dining table without being shown to one, and also that we did not appear to be placing a food order. We had been seated for less than a minute at this point.

I am certain that we are not the only guests who choose to peruse the menu with a drink in hand. I was so astounded at the unprovoked outburst from the waitress (who I was subsequently informed was NOT responsible for that section of seating) that I complained to the waitress who WAS looking after that area and asked to speak to the duty manager. His response was lack-lustre. I suggested he might want to write-off our round of drinks to make amends for our treatment, which he declined, but offered to discount two of the five we had ordered.

The incident left my party angry and embarrassed. We elected not to dine and have not returned since. Had roles been reversed, and I had subjected one of their staff to the type of treatment I was forced to endure, I would have fully expected to (quite reasonably) be ejected from the premises, possibly with the threat of calling the Police.

I escalated my complaint to Mitchel and Butler (the group that own the Harvester chain) as I received no response from the Harvester Guest Services Team. I subsequently received a call from the Area Business Manager who was very apologetic, and arrange for me to be sent a voucher for use at any Harvester, but I would advise anyone thinking of visiting the Seahorse to go elsewhere.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank White-Knight-1969
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Harvester, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
We are sorry that had disappointing visit to our Harvester Restaurant and we do appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.
Bourn, United Kingdom
“real deal”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Real value for money its a right bobby dazzler food good service good they make you feel most welcome will definitely be coming back again just two down pointS that is it does that.they DONOT serve breakfast Mon =Friday and they open at 11:30 not11:00 as on there website and they don't start cooking till midday.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Vickysc2014
Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We were very pleased to read that you had a positive time here with us at Harvester Poole. Our teams love to hear when they have done a good job and we have replied to you personally about your review.
“Bad service without a smile!!”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We went for a family meal on the early bird menu, had to wait a bit at the desk before someone
Came over and then we met her , the waitress , who was so miserable and clearly did not want to be there.
She took our order and we decided to have a cup of tea first , this came and she slammed it on the table and split the tea , but just said , I have to go and see to other customers , leaving me to clean up the mess.
The food was ok, but upon paying we had said we had a voucher to use , but she said we are 5p
Short and cannot use this voucher, so we were forced to buy more , to make up the difference.
The funny thing was , she kept saying "the computer says No" . But was being serious.
Shame harvester don't put the customer first or even second.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Darren M
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Harvester, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Trip Advisor. We were sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your recent visit to a Harvester Restaurant and we will reply to you personally about this. Harvester Poole.