“Fantastic!”

Alghero Ristorante
Ranked #15 of 360 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$16 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Without doubt, the very best authentic Italian/Sardinian cuisine in a very wide area (Poole/Bourrnemouth/Christchurch). Their 'pasta' sauces are amazing amamazingamazing truly amazing
Poole, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Absolutely fantastic with great food and a great atmosphere! And to top it off the staff are very friendly and welcoming! I would recommend it if you are ever in the area!

• Visited June 2014

Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Friendly and Welcoming!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I visited Alghero Ristorante in Poole last Wednesday for the first time after reading Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. From the moment we entered, Jelena was lovely, friendly and helpful, and the food she brought us was tasty and perfectly cooked. I'm not a great fan of chocolate desserts, but the Almond and Chocolate cake I chose was delicious. We'll be recommending this restaurant to our family and friends and will definitely be returning.

• Visited June 2014
Banstead, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food and Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Was introduced to Alghero last weekend by friends who live locally. From the moment we arrived we were looked after superbly by Luigi, Jelena and 'Fred'. The food was excellent and plentiful and extremely good value and although the restaurant was busy the whole experience was cosy and unhurried. A perfect Friday evening. Thank you Alghero.

Bagshot, United Kingdom
“A perfect Monday night dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

The night before our early morning ferry to Jersey, my wife and I looked at the dining options for a Monday evening. The one outstanding restaurant was Alghero. And so we drove just 5 minutes from our Poole hotel to be greeted by Jelena, the co-owner with her husband, chef Luigi. Jelena was charming, chatty and keen to please. Luigi prepared a fabulous dinner, then came out to chat with us mid course. The food was plentiful and delicious. We felt very well looked after and I'm sure it would be the same any day of the week.

South UK
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I visited Alghero with three friends last weekend purely on the strength of the Trip Advisor reviews, and I have to say my faith in this website has taken a bit of a hit.

I'd like to point out that I'm not a food snob. I'm as happy eating a Big Mac as I am tucking into oysters, and I was looking forward to my first visit to Alghero, despite having lived 10 minutes' walk away for years.

On arrival the restaurant was pretty busy and very hot. We'd reserved, and our table was close to the front door, which was lucky because I had to open it later on to get some air in.

The service throughout the evening was good. Several ladies looked after us - and I have no complaint with them. However the tables are really crammed in. One of the reviews on here says it's surprisingly spacious inside, which is nonsense - whenever people walked behind me (which was often) they bumped into my chair.

We had a starter, main and dessert, and every course was bland. From my pallotte cacio e uova, to the penne alla carrettiera and the cheescake (which was only an inch high!), everything was distinctly average - and makes me wonder if most of the other reviewers have any taste buds or are in cahoots with the owner! My friends thought their pollo alla cacciatora and sea bass was equally mediocre, while the chocolate ice cream had no flavour at all and the chocolate souffle's liquid centre seemed to have been left behind in the kitchen.

I'm sorry to say that we won't be returning.

3 Thank SouthernSunLover