“Disappointed again!”

poole
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Disappointed again!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

After writing a review back in 2011 (when it was Ollie's play land). I hadn't really visited for a few years.
About a year ago I started visiting again as it had changed hands and I now have another young child. Initially I was very impressed - the food was good, the staff were friendly & the prices were good.
I was going in with friends regularly & would often just pop in for lunch & a quick play whilst out shopping as the price was very reasonable at just £1 for babies under 18 months - I always spent plenty on food & drink as well.
In recent months things have been slowly going down hill & I have been less & less inclined to visit with today being the final straw.
The staff have changed several times in the last couple of months now having been replaced with people who don't seem to have a clue what they are doing, the menu has changed & now does not have such a good selection & now the prices have been increased too.
Add all of that to the fact that the place is VERY dirty & unsafe for children (I have seen cleaning cupboard and an office left wide open for anyone to go in with no staff anywhere I'm sight)
The price increase has been from £1 to £5.75 - which is for a 15 month old who hardly uses any of the equipment.
Unfortunately I will not be returning here & will be using other much cleaner soft play areas such as THE ARK in Poole park (which cost £4.95 & has the advantage of free parking)
It's such a shame because this place has such great potential in the right hands & is in a great location when out shopping in Poole.
I really hope this gets taken over by someone who can maximise the potential & turn it into the great soft play area that it could be.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank eway21

Bournemouth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Terrible and disappointing”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Arrived tidy - incredibly dirty. Staff did not know what they were doing. They couldnt cope with food demands so just stopped serving food. Wanted to cancel drinks order and was going to leave to get hot food but were told they don't know how to do refunds. I've been to this place for years when it was Ollie's playland. Whoever owns it now has run it into the ground which cheap young staff which haven't been trained properly and focused on selling parties that the rest of the customers are left with a very unsatisfactory experience

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Hayley1230
Poole, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kids love it, bit dirty for me!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My 6 and 4 year old love this place, and are always choosing to come here on a rainy day, even my soon to be 1 year old loves it also! The one and only problem I really have about it, is it is so dirty! I spilt a whole cup of milk on my last visit, and as we all know milk stinks when not cleaned quick enough, so rushed over to counter for a cloth to do it myself (really didnt mind, I spilt it!) But staff member said no dont worry will do it later! But apart from that it is a great place, on par with other places prices, coffee is good, food is tasty, relaxing place for parents as can sit with hot drink and yet can always see where your child is , love it here, my favourite one out of prob the 100 we have visited !!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Emlang1985
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dirty disgusting and serverely under staffed”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I took my one year old here this week but have been left with a very poorly little girl and poorly mummy. The facilities in the far left hand corner we're aimed at my little one yet the toys we're grotty the floor was sticky and they're we're a couple of ball pit balls in there we're revolting needless to stay we didn't stop long and will definitely NOT be returning. We're now both suffering with sickness and diarrhea.

2 Thank Michelle O
Dorset, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fab place to go!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

It's been a while I've been here and it's fab! Well done!
Under new management. Some new improvements and more to come, I heard there is a disco room coming and karaoke!! Sound great!!

Visited May 2014