“Lovely!”

Portsmouth Hoy
Ranked #29 of 375 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The place to go to on Poole Quay for good food and real ales.
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend went out for dinner and we stumbled across the portsmouth hoy.
Looked at the menu and there was so much chose. I couldn't decide what to order. After a while of thinking I went for the pork belly and my friend had the seasame noodles.
They were gorgeous! Lovely, flavour belly, and lovely buttery mash! AWESOME!
The seasame noodle was a little spicy for my personal taste buds but my friend loved them!

I then had a lemon curd parfait! It was gorgeous. Served nice and simply with strawberrys. Couldn't fault it! Table service was excellent. Had lovely banter with the staff. Overall a excellent place to eat and can't wait to go back!
See you soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Possibly the worst Fish nad Chips I have ever had, Fish was ok but the chips are what I cal potato wedges and the pea puree is a poor substitute for proper mushy peas.
fish was a good temperature but the "chips" were a lot cooler and the puree in its little dish did not appear to have seen much heating at all, very dissapointed for £9.99 a go, will not go again until the cook finds out how to cook proper chips or they describe the food honestly on the menu.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Service was slow,chips were greased and soggy, pea purée was dry and there staff were blade about our dissatisfaction. A total waste of time and money!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Went in for a few drinks with my partner and decided to have a meal. We both had the sirloin steak cooked medium rare. It was absolutely lush. Very friendly and pleasant staff. Will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stopped here one evening for a quick meal.
The Portsmouth Hoy is located right on the quayside in Poole. Its an old pub and advertises 'famous beer battered fish and chips'. It is a bit of a proper pub - wooden floorboards, no airs and graces. Order at the bar and food is served at your table.
I wanted to try the seafood an chorizo linguine, but sadly they were out of the chorizo. I opted for whitebait followed by fish and chips. All very good. In fact the whitebait had to be the largest whitebait I'd ever seen.
Staff were pleasant and helpful. Prices are good.