“Nice day at the quay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Portsmouth Hoy
Ranked #48 of 360 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Kids, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The place to go to on Poole Quay for good food and real ales.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice day at the quay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Sat in the Portsmouth Hoy on Poole Quay having a lovely day. We have been sat here all day, the staff have been so friendly and lovely. A really great atmosphere.....and the food is delicious! Would definitely recommend for family, friends and new visitors to the quay.

“Fantastic bangers and mash ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

The best bangers and mash with onion gravy in the world...the world... would be a happier place if we all ate this once a month.

1 Thank Jonathan B
Edenbridge, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed locally on business overnight with two colleagues, so decided to revisit this charming pub on the quay front.
Whilst the external decor could do with a lick of paint, once inside the ambience is relaxed with an obvious nautical theme.
When I review an eaterie, I consider the warmth of welcome and level of service to be as important as the quality of food. On all three counts I (and my colleagues) would give this pub restaurant the full five marks.
We were looked after very well and even the chef came out to talk to us. Pop in to this pub the next time you're in Poole (as an added bonus, every Tuesday during the summer there is a large motorcycle meet along the quay).

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend went out for dinner and we stumbled across the portsmouth hoy.
Looked at the menu and there was so much chose. I couldn't decide what to order. After a while of thinking I went for the pork belly and my friend had the seasame noodles.
They were gorgeous! Lovely, flavour belly, and lovely buttery mash! AWESOME!
The seasame noodle was a little spicy for my personal taste buds but my friend loved them!

I then had a lemon curd parfait! It was gorgeous. Served nice and simply with strawberrys. Couldn't fault it! Table service was excellent. Had lovely banter with the staff. Overall a excellent place to eat and can't wait to go back!
See you soon!

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Worst Fish and chips ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Possibly the worst Fish nad Chips I have ever had, Fish was ok but the chips are what I cal potato wedges and the pea puree is a poor substitute for proper mushy peas.
fish was a good temperature but the "chips" were a lot cooler and the puree in its little dish did not appear to have seen much heating at all, very dissapointed for £9.99 a go, will not go again until the cook finds out how to cook proper chips or they describe the food honestly on the menu.

• Visited May 2014