“Made more than welcome”

Portsmouth Hoy
Ranked #41 of 366 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The place to go to on Poole Quay for good food and real ales.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Made more than welcome”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Portsmouth hoy was absolutely great from when we booked the table to getting the bill at the end.

Also is one of the few places where one can have a restaurant standard meal and still have your dog with you.

• Visited May 2014

“Nice day at the quay”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Sat in the Portsmouth Hoy on Poole Quay having a lovely day. We have been sat here all day, the staff have been so friendly and lovely. A really great atmosphere.....and the food is delicious! Would definitely recommend for family, friends and new visitors to the quay.

“Fantastic bangers and mash ”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

The best bangers and mash with onion gravy in the world...the world... would be a happier place if we all ate this once a month.

1 Thank Jonathan B
Edenbridge, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed locally on business overnight with two colleagues, so decided to revisit this charming pub on the quay front.
Whilst the external decor could do with a lick of paint, once inside the ambience is relaxed with an obvious nautical theme.
When I review an eaterie, I consider the warmth of welcome and level of service to be as important as the quality of food. On all three counts I (and my colleagues) would give this pub restaurant the full five marks.
We were looked after very well and even the chef came out to talk to us. Pop in to this pub the next time you're in Poole (as an added bonus, every Tuesday during the summer there is a large motorcycle meet along the quay).

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend went out for dinner and we stumbled across the portsmouth hoy.
Looked at the menu and there was so much chose. I couldn't decide what to order. After a while of thinking I went for the pork belly and my friend had the seasame noodles.
They were gorgeous! Lovely, flavour belly, and lovely buttery mash! AWESOME!
The seasame noodle was a little spicy for my personal taste buds but my friend loved them!

I then had a lemon curd parfait! It was gorgeous. Served nice and simply with strawberrys. Couldn't fault it! Table service was excellent. Had lovely banter with the staff. Overall a excellent place to eat and can't wait to go back!
See you soon!