“Great pizza!”

Ranked #88 of 363 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Le Bateau has been going for 15 years, we have just completed a massive refurbishment throughout in March, a new management team, a new head chef and team and a wood fired traditional pizza oven. That is not to say, we only do pizza’s because we caterer for all tastes and we pride ourselves on best possible quality in all our produce. We also pride ourselves on great customer service with genuinely friendly staff, who are always looking to make your experience the best you can find for miles around. We look forward to your visit and invite you to check out our web site for more details.
siandbetta
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I had lunch there today, and had an excellent PIZZA! We had a family lunch last year, after the renovation work, and yes, it was all very nice and great service.... but the pizza today was much much better! The dough was very good, the topping like a true Italian pizza! really happy! My husband had the lamb kofta, again he was happy, the meat was nicely season and with a good bite! I definetely want to go back with the kids as they will love it :D

Poole, United Kingdom
“Not the best”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Had pollo pizza, I complained at the time it didn't taste quite right, the waitress told me it was because the use seasoned chicken, I asked if the were using blue cheese on the pizza as the cheese was definitely not mozzarella. Should have sent it back and had something else as I spent all night puking it back up. And before anyone concludes it may have been alcohol, I am teetotal and had only drunk cola.

1 Thank Poolegirly
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Ate here for lunch and was very impressed.
The staff were friendly and efficient, the menu has plenty of choice to suit most palates.

I had a chicken, pesto & mozzarella panini with fries which was very tasty & the filling was plentiful (which can so often be a problem in many places)
This place has a lovely feel to it & will definitely return in the evenings when, I believe it gets quite full & lively.

Visited May 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“best pizza in a long time”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Met friends there for a birthday party. The starter was plentiful and had to be careful not to eat too much. Had a pizza for main and that was wonderful. Had the Woolsey, which was a Goats cheese pizza with sweet potatoe and red onion. Could not eat it all, so brought the rest home.
Service was good,
Only critism was the price I got charged for my lime and soda. Got charged the same as if I had a ordinary soft drink and I know they should not charge for soda.
Would visit again if in the area.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Check it out, not to be missed if you are in the area”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Played petanque on the Terrain opposite then had a really good lunch in Le Bateau. My husband had a pizza a which he said was one of the best he has had and coming from him that is a very positive recommendation as he is Italian. I had bangers, which I enjoyed equally as much. The staff were very friendly nothing was too much trouble, the ambiance had just the right mix, all in all everything was really enjoyable. My first meal there but will definitely be going again.

• Visited April 2014