“Don't bother on a Friday”
Review of Le Bateau

Le Bateau
Ranked #96 of 362 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, British
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Le Bateau has been going for 15 years, we have just completed a massive refurbishment throughout in March, a new management team, a new head chef and team and a wood fired traditional pizza oven. That is not to say, we only do pizza’s because we caterer for all tastes and we pride ourselves on best possible quality in all our produce. We also pride ourselves on great customer service with genuinely friendly staff, who are always looking to make your experience the best you can find for miles around. We look forward to your visit and invite you to check out our web site for more details.
London, United Kingdom
“Don't bother on a Friday”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Have been here many a time as found the breakfast to be pretty nice and the service real quick.

Today was just awful.

Went to order at the bar where I was stood for 3 or 4 minutes without even being acknowledged by anyone.

My order was taken and sent to the kitchen and this is where it all started going Pete Tong.

Coffee came out no problem, maybe the wait was a little over the time you'd find acceptable.

ONE HOUR LATER...and we get out three breakfasts. All wrong.

Why be given the option of white or brown toast if they only have brown on that day?

My friend asked for the double up breakfast which means you get 2 of everything. It came out with 1 bacon and 1 sausage and the complete wrong egg. We asked for poached and it came scrambled. So it went back and it came back with a poached egg...still no doubling up on anything.

It got taken off the bill but the service has just been shocking.

It's a nice place when they can get it right.

• Visited June 2014

Poole, United Kingdom
“Bank holiday lunch”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Visited on a bank holiday Monday at approximately 13.30. The restaurant was fairly busy at the time. Drinks ordered and a quick check of the menu. My wife had a vegetarian option of the Fresh halloumi cheese & red pepper burger and I had a Diavolo pizza. My wife's food which I tried was very nice for a vegetarian option. For me the speciality is the pizza. Absolutely stunning once again. Good service, good food in a nice relaxed atmosphere. No doubt we will be back again.

Visited May 2014
North East England, United Kingdom
“Gem in Ashley crosses crown”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Great venue for food and drinks with fab live music - perfect venue to chill out in with friends and enjoy the atmosphere. Central location and the refurb has made all the difference.

siandbetta
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I had lunch there today, and had an excellent PIZZA! We had a family lunch last year, after the renovation work, and yes, it was all very nice and great service.... but the pizza today was much much better! The dough was very good, the topping like a true Italian pizza! really happy! My husband had the lamb kofta, again he was happy, the meat was nicely season and with a good bite! I definetely want to go back with the kids as they will love it :D

• Visited May 2014
Poole, United Kingdom
“Not the best”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Had pollo pizza, I complained at the time it didn't taste quite right, the waitress told me it was because the use seasoned chicken, I asked if the were using blue cheese on the pizza as the cheese was definitely not mozzarella. Should have sent it back and had something else as I spent all night puking it back up. And before anyone concludes it may have been alcohol, I am teetotal and had only drunk cola.

• Visited May 2014