“Dog owners beware!”
Review of The Bakers Arms

The Bakers Arms
Ranked #31 of 369 Restaurants in Poole
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Baker's Arms in Poole is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dog owners beware!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We appreciate not all pubs allow dogs inside and that's completely fine, however when we enquired where we could take the dog we were told we couldn't even sit outside in the garden!! which is something that we have never experienced at any other pub in the country that we have visited; we were informed the only place we could sit was in the dingy, dirty little area outside the entrance right by the road at the front of the pub. (May I add in very condescending fashion by the lady you have employed for 'customer service'.

And you have the nerve to have a sign up above a water bowl 'for out 4 legged friends'!!

Dog owners avoid this place like the plague, we carried on to the Coventry Arms in Corfe Mullen, where we had a lovely meal served by POLITE staff!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank James B

Poole, United Kingdom
“Good chef- bad chef?”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Judging by the very mixed comments on here, I can only think that we had our meal on the " good chefs" day off. Three orders of belly pork had to be sent back because they were just fatty lumps of meat- no crackling at all. When they were returned they weren't any better. Two childrens puddings of " cinnamon sugared" churros were lacking any evidence of cinnamon sugar at all, they were just greasy lines of stodge. My granddaughter refused point blank to eat hers, and she ll eat anything! I wish I knew which days the good chef worked, if I ever went there again, I would make sure that I went on that day.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank jill190872
Winchester, United Kingdom
“What a delightful find”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

What a great find, looks quite small from the outside, but it's like walking in a Tardis, very warm and inviting and a great welcome from the staff. The wine and meal can only be described as fantastic, (thank you Martina) would thoroughly recommend this restaurant to anybody who enjoys a really good meal and without the feeling of being overcharged.
On holiday here for another week so fully intend for a repeat occassion.
A big thank you to all the staff, WOW
Don't usually praise so highly, so treat yourselves.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank charles c
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Try the Lambs Green instead ?”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Birthday treat....whilst we had booked a table we had a 45 minute wait for our first course to arrive...not off to a good start. Steaks arrived my wife`s steak looked very unlike the Rib Eye that she had ordered and was not good( mine was excellent though).

Pud menu was presented on a small chalk board( with no pricing - is this legal ?), missing were some of the delights detailed on the main menu......I ordered the chocolate brownie tower ..all I can say is that the tower must have been demolished, in all not a memorable night.

• Visited July 2014
Poole, United Kingdom
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I visited at the pub at 12pm and knew I was going to have the fixed price lunch time menu but they've changed the choices on that menu to uninspiring 'something' with chips and there are only 3 dessert options. This fixed price menu used to have lots of lovely options ranging from pasta to pies to sausages to veggie options. The price used to be really good value for money too but they've changed this so the price is now a 'from' price so you don't actually pay that price unless you choose the most boring thing on the menu! I've visited this pub many times for food and this is the first time I've been disappointed but they shouldn't change things that work!

• Visited June 2014