“Best place to stay..Great Customer service!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Poole
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Poole
London, United Kingdom
“Best place to stay..Great Customer service!!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Stayed there with My wife for one night..Was there for a short trip...The receptionist (Gemma) welcomed us warmly and treated us really well.

The room was spacious enough for Couple and Comfortable. Would certainly stay there on my next Visit.

Hope they keep giving the best service!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thanks you so much for taking your time to write such a great review of the hotel. I was delighted to read that you had such a great stay and that the staff looked after you so well. Your kind words were greatly appreciated.

It is important to us that all our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay and I am very pleased to hear you found our hotel to be clean and well presented and our breakfast enjoyable.

Once again I would like to thank you for your comments and look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Abi Gupta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Greenhithe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed here for one night. We were seeing friends in the area and en route to a week in Weymouth.

The hotel was easy to find and we arrived several hours early. We were able to check in straight away and go to our room, which was very welcome. The room was fine - bed was okay, sofa bed for our boy also okay. All very clean and a good shower. We were 5-10 minutes from the excellent Poole Park, which is where we spent the afternoon with our friends. We didn't eat in th hotel in the evening.

Breakfast in the morning was fine and as expected. To be honest, the hot items (sausages, scrambled eggs and hash browns) were not the best and I think Holiday Inn Express would do better to forget these and maybe have a few cold meats and cheeses to augment the continental selection instead.

All in all a perfectly good hotel for a night or two. Recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this review, 10 September 2011
Dear Guest,

I was very happy to read your positive feedback and that we exceeded your expectations. All of the team at the hotel take great pride in delivering the service that we are famous for. I was delighted that you liked your room and the facilities in the hotel also. I will be looking in to your comment regarding breakfast.

I sincerely hope that I have the pleasure to personally welcome you on your next stay.

Kind regards

Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed here for two nights while on a family holiday to the south of England. The location isn't bad as it is a 5 min walk from the dolphin shopping center and about 15 mins from the quays. Poole has loads of lovely restaurants to offer as well as day attractions so luckily we did not have to spend much time in the hotel. The hotel is exactly what you would expect from a holiday inn express except the rudeness of the staff. The staff were very impolite to us on arrival - having put some of us in smoking rooms when we booked non smoking and telling us we would all have to move rooms in the morning, instead of trying to assist us they claimed "it's not my problem, ring head office". One morning we witnessed one member of staff actually shout at an elderly couple that had extended their stay but didn't realise that how much it had cost. When she had finished saying "it's not my problem, I don't care" she simply walked away and left the bewildered elderly couple standing in reception. There was however one very nice girl on reception that was very helpful in every way. But other than the staff the rooms are nice and clean.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank vonbe123
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment upon your recent stay with us and we were sorry to read that it was not as enjoyable as some of our previous guests.
The hotel staff aim to provide a warm, friendly welcome to the hotel and your comments have been discussed with the team. Generally we receive many compliments on the staff and we are therefore determined that your experience is not repeated.

Kind regards

Abi Gupta

Travellers are raving about these Poole hotels

France
Reviewed 9 September 2011

It was a quick overnight stop to catch the ferry for Cherbourg at 7 a.m., which meant a 5 a.m. wake-up call. We arrived tired and frustrated: with no GPS/satnav after a long day this place is hard to locate. The hotel is basic, even for a HIE, but most of the bits were there, and the few staff on duty (always too few -- a HIE specialty) were wonderful. Dinner was very mediocre, the room OK and clean; the mattress awful and the toilet did not flush well. Parking was good and free, and has claimed CCTV security. In cases like this it's hard to tell if one's semi-sleepless night comes from travel stress or from the hotel's shortcomings, so I'll charitably opt for the former. The more since the young woman who was doing everything from reception to bartending could not have been more welcoming and delightful. Thanks, Suzy! And her male colleagues also were more than helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback on your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you, enjoyed our service and that the great team. I have passed your comments on to them all.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back on your next stay.

Shepperton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2011

The hotel staff were very friendly. The rooms were well kept and clean. Car park was good. The breakfast was good.

It was an excellent location. Central to places of interest, all within walking distance, Poole Park, Poole Quay, Dolphin Shopping Centre and the Leisure Centre. Bournemouth is next door by car and the beaches there and all along this coast line are all excellent.

I would certainly be returning back here in 2012!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you so much enjoyed your stay with us. We realise that it can be challenging travelling with young families and it's wonderful to hear that you were so happy with everything. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Poole.

Warm regards
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel August Bank Holiday 2011, we had two family rooms. I can't tell you how fantastic the staff were, they bent over backwards to assist you. The price of the room included a breakfast which was far better than what I had ever experienced in any other Holiday Inn Express. Good central location with plenty to see and do, short stroll to the High Street and shopping centre, t car journey to the Quay. Some beautiful beaches close by.

The rooms were clean and spacious, double bed just like home, sofa bed a little less uncomfortable but fine for young kids.

This is definately worth a stay, we will be back, thank you to all the staff who made out stay a memorable one.

Mrs Gerrans

Dear Guest,

I cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback on your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you, once again, enjoyed our service and that the great team I am proud to have here have also once again exceeded your expectations. I have passed your comments on to them all.

We look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

lovely hotel and very helpful staff .The buffet was well equiped we wouldn't go hungry, even fruit available throughout the day .The hotel rooms were very comfortable with the exception of the additional bed and no notices about drinking water . A mini fridge would have been the icing on the cake.

would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a reasonably priced cosy few night stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind words following your recent stay with us. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall experience with us.

As always I have passed your feedback to my great team.