“Brilliant weekend”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
“Brilliant weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

Stayed here last weekend (29th Sept - 2nd October) as we have for the last few years with a squad of special needs gymnasts and their families. This year was definately the best. Ali the manager was an absolute star, very hands on even clearing tables. He couldn't do enough for you continually asking if everything was ok and joining in with the festivities. We had a disco on the Saturday night which he provided banners and balloons for (which the children loved) and to see him on the dance floor with the gymnasts was a delight.
The rooms are not big but are clean and for the money you pay it is excellent value. Breakfast is good, although not a full English all that is missing is bacon and mushrooms. Everything else is there fruit, cereals, pastries, yoghurts there is something for eveyone. Looking forward to staying there next year already, just hope that Ali is still there.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this review, 11 October 2011
Dear Sally,

I was absolutely delighted to read your glowing review of our hotel & staff. I was so pleased that kids enjoyed their time in our hotel and I certainly enjoyed my dancing lessons from them!!!!

I have shared your lovely comments with my team here at the hotel and I hope to be able to welcome you back personally on your next stay.

Kind Regards,

Abi Gupta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
west wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

a large group of us recently stayed here with a gymnastics competition we were made to feel very welcome staff very friendly and helpful, rooms spotless with air conditioning.close to town and harbour we will definatley return on our next visit to poole.Thanks to the manager who also judged our dancing competition.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read the kind review that you posted. I have shared your lovely comments with my team here at the hotel. I was happy that we met your expectations during your stay and I hope to be able to welcome you back personally on your next stay.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

Perfect location and good customer service from reception and bar...

Room's size was fine, bed is comfy but the only downside housekeeper forgets to check the windows... very dusty and there's a dead flies.

Breakfast was okay but Sharon needs to smile. She looks annoyed and not happy with her job and as we look on her when cleaning the tables she doesn't change the paper mat just turning it on the other side... hmmm then we saw her cleaning the table with the latex gloves then right after that holding the croissant with the same latex gloves... very disappointing the manager needs to have a serious talk with Sharon.

But over all I would still recommend this hotel to my friends because the rest of the staff were very helpful and accommodating plus PERFECT LOCATION.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay with us. Our aim at Holiday Inn Express Poole is to ensure that all of our guest’s, are made welcome to the hotel and feel at home during their stay with us. We pride ourselves on caring for all of our guests so I was shocked and saddened to read your feedback about your experience in our restaurant during breakfast. I am personally going to follow up this with the staff member concerned.

However I was delighted to read that you thought our Front of House team looked after you and you found the location & facilities in the hotel to your liking. I sincerely hope you return to stay with us again in the future.

Please do feel free to contact me personally at any time should you wish to discuss your stay with me in more detail.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed 2 nights September 2010 as a family of 4. Upon arrival were asked for passports although we explained that we live in London and showed credit card used for booking, then spoke to manager who said that it was their policy to ask!!! Reception, lobby and restaurant looked modern and clean. Booked last minute without realising was for a smoking room, needless to say it smelled awful. However, it was neat and clean with hairdryer, kettle supplied with tea and coffee. Breakfast was adequate with fruit juices, cofee and variety of teas. Patio with outside seating.
This was a good base for exploring Bournemouth, shopping centre and restaurants are five minutes walk out of hotel and turn right. Turn left for swimming pool then ten minutes walk towards Pool harbour, musem and other local shops.

Room Tip: Do not choose smoking room if non-smoker. If you have mobility issue, request room near lifts whi...
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. It is fantastic to hear you found our hotel staff excellent and we pride ourselves in delivering the highest levels of customer service.

Thank you again and I am sure we will be welcoming you back here for many years to come.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

Stayed there with My wife for one night..Was there for a short trip...The receptionist (Gemma) welcomed us warmly and treated us really well.

The room was spacious enough for Couple and Comfortable. Would certainly stay there on my next Visit.

Hope they keep giving the best service!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks you so much for taking your time to write such a great review of the hotel. I was delighted to read that you had such a great stay and that the staff looked after you so well. Your kind words were greatly appreciated.

It is important to us that all our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay and I am very pleased to hear you found our hotel to be clean and well presented and our breakfast enjoyable.

Once again I would like to thank you for your comments and look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Greenhithe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed here for one night. We were seeing friends in the area and en route to a week in Weymouth.

The hotel was easy to find and we arrived several hours early. We were able to check in straight away and go to our room, which was very welcome. The room was fine - bed was okay, sofa bed for our boy also okay. All very clean and a good shower. We were 5-10 minutes from the excellent Poole Park, which is where we spent the afternoon with our friends. We didn't eat in th hotel in the evening.

Breakfast in the morning was fine and as expected. To be honest, the hot items (sausages, scrambled eggs and hash browns) were not the best and I think Holiday Inn Express would do better to forget these and maybe have a few cold meats and cheeses to augment the continental selection instead.

All in all a perfectly good hotel for a night or two. Recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this review, 10 September 2011
Dear Guest,

I was very happy to read your positive feedback and that we exceeded your expectations. All of the team at the hotel take great pride in delivering the service that we are famous for. I was delighted that you liked your room and the facilities in the hotel also. I will be looking in to your comment regarding breakfast.

I sincerely hope that I have the pleasure to personally welcome you on your next stay.

Ennis, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed here for two nights while on a family holiday to the south of England. The location isn't bad as it is a 5 min walk from the dolphin shopping center and about 15 mins from the quays. Poole has loads of lovely restaurants to offer as well as day attractions so luckily we did not have to spend much time in the hotel. The hotel is exactly what you would expect from a holiday inn express except the rudeness of the staff. The staff were very impolite to us on arrival - having put some of us in smoking rooms when we booked non smoking and telling us we would all have to move rooms in the morning, instead of trying to assist us they claimed "it's not my problem, ring head office". One morning we witnessed one member of staff actually shout at an elderly couple that had extended their stay but didn't realise that how much it had cost. When she had finished saying "it's not my problem, I don't care" she simply walked away and left the bewildered elderly couple standing in reception. There was however one very nice girl on reception that was very helpful in every way. But other than the staff the rooms are nice and clean.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank vonbe123
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment upon your recent stay with us and we were sorry to read that it was not as enjoyable as some of our previous guests.
The hotel staff aim to provide a warm, friendly welcome to the hotel and your comments have been discussed with the team. Generally we receive many compliments on the staff and we are therefore determined that your experience is not repeated.

Abi Gupta

Travellers are raving about these Poole hotels