If you were sleeping over somewhere the three main things you would expect to be good are the Bed, Breakfast and Bathroom! The hotel delivers these to a perfect standard. Hotel very clean and good location, parking facilities are excellent.
It has a smart ground floor which is well designed, and the rooms are compact with a simple bathroom including a good shower.
Service was fine but does not stand out, Patryk on Reception was although serious, very efficient, welcoming and helpful.
The bar was fine, but nowhere particularly 'comfy' to sit, seats were way too firm, we did notice a queue of about 4 people waiting for about 6 minutes, it was clear they were getting agitated, there was a tall man with glasses from the Nights team collecting sauces in from the dinner tables. I'm sure he saw the bar while going to and fro to the kitchen and appeared to ignore them or pretend he hadn't seen them. Customers were leaving the queue to go to the rooms- potential business being lost. Staff could be more alert/attentive or observant when away from the desk.
Rooms looked a little tired, however provided everything required (perhaps with a little more tea and coffee). I was surprised to learn there was no internet in the hotel free of charge, this is a must these days to keep up with the market, or at least free net in the public areas!
Breakfast filling and very nice, staff really organised, however guests could do with trays to put the breakfast on to avoid congestion at the breakfast bar from people going back up to get things.
If this was by an airport it would be perfect, delivers the sheer basics and perfect for somewhere to sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Poole. Simply Great Poole Town Centre Hotel ; NOW OFFERING FREE WI-FI. The town centre location of our hotel in Poole, just minutes from the award-winning golden sandy beaches of Sandbanks, quayside walks, the ferry to Brownsea Island, and the Channel Islands and beyond to France, means whatever your reasons for staying with us, be there for business or pleasure, convenience must be among them.The warmth of the welcome you will receive from our friendly staff will be matched by the cosy comfort of our rooms, all of which are spacious, finished in a contemporary style, and come with complimentary Wi-Fi access and a hearty breakfast each morning. Double, Twin, and Executive rooms are available, and if you have accessibility needs we would advise booking a DDA-approved room as far in advance as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Poole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Poole Hotel Poole
- Poole Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Poole
- Holiday Inn Express Poole Dorset