I stayed in HIEX Poole on a Rewards Night as a Priority Club Platinum Member so room was paid for with points earned on previous stays.
I am pleased I did this as I had previously looked at booking this hotel and it always appeared to be expensive compared with any other I have stayed in - this made me think it must be a bit special - how wrong I was :-(
The outside of hotel is rather dull looking and reminds me of a prison I once worked in. The receptionist was very pleasant and efficient and we were in our room in no time at all - UNFORTUNATELY. The first thing that hit us when we walked into the room was the strong smell of stale urine. This was an accessible room but this is no excuse
the smell. We immediately opened the room window and sprayed deodorant to mask the smell.
The room itself was a reasonable size but does look tired and in need of decorating. The shower room / toilet did smell of stale urine and the toilet is a standard toilet with a plastic seat raiser lying on the floor next to it if it was required - this was not touched never mind used ! The paintwork looked dirty and stained, washbasin was marked and the grouting in tiles was pretty grubby in places - no excuse for this with cleaning equipment available nowadays.
I had a shower and within minutes the floor was like a paddling pool all over the floor and not just in shower area - the drain was very very slow in draining water away and we actually had to mop it up with a towel to stop it getting into the room and on to carpet.
We had an evening meal in the Great Room and it was reasonable and reasonably priced and served by pleasant staff members. Did not see any trays at breakfast time to carry breakfast to room or to tables.
We asked for a late departure and this was absolutely no problem at all. Checkout was very fast and everything had already been charged to our card and receipt ready for us.
I filled in customer satisfaction form and left with reception, having also mentioned the smell in the room, which they agreed is not good.
I stay in Holiday Inn and HIEX all the time and would rate this as one of the poorest I have been in for a while. I never seem to see any good price offers for here either and can't ever remember seeing it under a £100 which is too expensive for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Poole. Simply Great Poole Town Centre Hotel ; NOW OFFERING FREE WI-FI. The town centre location of our hotel in Poole, just minutes from the award-winning golden sandy beaches of Sandbanks, quayside walks, the ferry to Brownsea Island, and the Channel Islands and beyond to France, means whatever your reasons for staying with us, be there for business or pleasure, convenience must be among them.The warmth of the welcome you will receive from our friendly staff will be matched by the cosy comfort of our rooms, all of which are spacious, finished in a contemporary style, and come with complimentary Wi-Fi access and a hearty breakfast each morning. Double, Twin, and Executive rooms are available, and if you have accessibility needs we would advise booking a DDA-approved room as far in advance as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Poole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Poole Hotel Poole
- Poole Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Poole
- Holiday Inn Express Poole Dorset