“Comfortable Hotel at a Good Location”

Holiday Inn Express Poole
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We have stayed as a family at this chain of hotels before as we enjoy the complimentary breakfast! The staff at Poole were welcoming and helpful and the accommodation clean and comfortable. One pleasant feature is that there is a scenic walk to Poole Harbour directly from the hotel. Would recommend for short trips to Bournemouth or Poole. They have also just introduced free WiFi throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerPoole, Sales manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Teithio2013,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online. I was very happy that you chose us for your accommodation needs and you had a great stay.

I was pleased to note that you found our staff very friendly and welcoming, breakfast offering good and our location ideal for your needs. I will pass on all of these comments to the team in order to motivate them to continue their good work.

Accommodation at the Holiday Inn Express Poole now comes with Breakfast, Parking and Wi-Fi. We try our best to offer value for money.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments regarding our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before but I have not previously paid in excess of £115 per night.

The facilities in my room were very poor, shower only just tepid not hot but hot water in the sink that would scald you, air conditioning not working.

Very small flat screen TV, dirty carpets, shabby sofa bed and a chair at the desk space that had clearly seen better days.

I complained to the duty receptionist on my first night about the water temperature, but is was not fixed.

I checked out without paying after the second night, the duty Manager rang me and offered me 1000 priority points as compensation and duly charged by payment card with the full £230 payment.

My advice would be if you need to stay in Poole use Premier Inn as it is modern with good facilities.

Despite staying in IHG hotels around 100 nights a year, I will only use this hotel in the future if I am desperate.

Duty Manager should and could of done a lot more to ensure customer satisfaction

PSS

Room Tip: don't take a room at the rear, there is a service yard which is noisy
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerPoole, Sales manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our hotel following your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you chose us for your accommodation needs; however it did come as a great disappointment to me that you experienced problems during your stay.

We value your loyalty as an IHG reward club member. We have taken note of your comment and we are pleased to inform that we have recently refurbished 50 per cent of our rooms and uplifted the in room facilities. We also have plans to refurbish the rest of our hotel bedrooms in the near future.

Our room charge depends completely on the market. We keep our prices very competitive depending on supply and demand. High prices are purely due to the hotel’s and market’s occupancy. We also have our 21 day and 3 day advance super savers which is our prepaid rate, it is normally cheaper than our Best Flexible Rate. Also at the Holiday Inn Express Poole we offer complimentary value adds. Accommodation with us comes with Free Hot Breakfast, Free Parking and now free Wi-Fi.

I am sorry to hear your hot water was not fixed in the room after you have reported this to our Duty Manager. I will run an internal investigation with the duty manager involved and maintenance to make sure proper training is in place, so type of situation does not happen again.

With all that being said I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your comments in further detail and to have the opportunity to restore your faith in us, therefore I would be much obliged if you could contact me directly on sales@hiexpoole.co.uk at the earliest convenience.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the issues that you experienced during your stay. I look forward to hearing from you in due course and having the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I had not stayed in the Holiday Inn Express Poole for 18 months.
It has now upgraded its bedrooms on two of its three floors. These rooms have new heating and air conditioning units, new comfortable beds and a much improved bathrooms with a walk in shower, new toilets and wash basin.
Check In and the Check out was quick and easy.

Room Tip: 1st and 3rd Floors
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Peter,

First of all please allow me to thank you for choosing to return to Holiday Inn Express Poole after 18 months. We really appreciate your loyalty and time for writing this wonderful review about us on Trip Advisor.

Yes we have renovated 50 per cent of our bedrooms with very Modern and stylish decor. It was a big investment for us and hence hearing such good comments about our upgraded bedrooms makes us feel very pleased and delighted. We have further plans to refurbish the rest of the bedrooms in the near future.

Once Again a big thankyou from Holiday Inn Express Poole team and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future. Please let me know when you are here next, I would be delighted to personally meet you and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Have had the 'pleasure' of working away in Poole for 9 months, so have tried most budget to mid-priced hotels. Recommend HIEX over all the others. Large light clean rooms in good condition. Decent showers. Quiet.
Breakfast great for continental but cooked offer is minimal. Self-service - I prefer as it is quick. Staff very helpful and friendly- 24 hour reception. Great location - a public gym and pool next door with the Lighthouse Cinema, lagoon and waterfront 2 minutes away. Closer to town and main restaurants than other hotels ( needed as the hotel has a limited microwaved offer). Its not 'resort' hotel but far better than Premier Inn and the various independents I have tried in Poole.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank davida2020

Dear David,

Thankyou for taking your time and writing a wonderful comment on Trip Advisor about Holiday Inn Express Poole.

9 months is long time to work away from home and stay in Hotels. I am pleased to have an appreciation coming from you! You have stayed in most of the hotels in Poole and the fact that you mentioned we are the better than the rest is very rewarding. As you mentioned we are located very centrally and within walking distance to the Quay and Lighthouse. Also having the gym and Poole Park so close to us is a bonus. Guest has lot of options how they wished to spend their evening when staying with us.

We have our brand standard for Breakfast which includes a good selection of continental items; however we are restricted on hot items. It is a brand standard to offer only 3 hot items. At Poole we offer Sausages, Beans and Scrambled Eggs. Our rooms are spacious and 50 per cent of our rooms are refurbished in April 2013.

Once again a big thank you from the Holiday Inn Express Poole team for your kind comment about friendly and helpful staff. We look forward to welcoming you again to Holiday Inn Express Poole. I would love to meet you in person and personally thank you on your next visit.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Check in was very quick and courteous. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean throughout and quite quiet, even though it looked quite full while we were there.

The room was typical of holiday inn's but very clean and recently redecorated. Breakfast was also typical of Holiday Inn's, with the food tasting cheap.

The location was quite good for getting out and about and also a good base for driving to surrounding areas.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerPoole, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Me and my team would like to thank you for your time and posting a very kind comment on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased that you choose to stay with us while you were in Poole.

Our front desk and housekeping staff were very pleased reading your kind comment about our good service and cleanliness. It is very rewarding to hear such comments being recognised for our guests.

We have recently refurbished 50 per cent of the hotel and we have plans to reburbish the rest of the hotel soon. I am glad you enjoyed one staying in one of our newly renovated room. We have our brand standard on food and breakfast which are oblieged to follow. However we have recently added Banana and Hash Brown to our Breakfast Collection. We hope you will be able to enjoy this on your next visit.

Recently we have strated offering free Wi-Fi to all our guest. A room at the Holiday Inn Express now comes with free Breakfast, Parking and Internet. We try our best to offer great service at the Holiday Inn Express Poole.

A big thankyou for your kind comment from Holiday Inn express Poole. We would love for you to visit us soon. Please contact us direct for your next booking at reservations@hiexpoole.co.uk or call us at 01202-649222.

Kindest Regards
Dimpee Kalita
Sales manager

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had a night off from the kids and went to the Lighthouse (to see Sean Lock), booked well in advance and thought the price was very steep, however Premier Inn wouldn't do a one night booking and the Thistle was even more pricey.
I've stayed in £29.00 Travelodges before that are tidier and better equipped. Checkin was smooth, the room wasn't all that, for a +£100 room I'd expect better than Nescafe! It's been a while since I've seen a 4:3 aspect ratio TV, so that's saying something.
Had a good night out and we woke up at 09:00 - when you have 4 kids that is rare! Breakfast was a bit of a let down too, those sausages were strange, and NO BACON???? However the pancake machine made up for this!!! To some it up - comfortable but overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear SPJFleet,

Thankyou for taking the time and writing a review on Trip Advisor about us and Poole. We highly value our guest comments whether positive or constructive.

Poole caters for both Business and Leisure clients. Poole is very famous for Watersports and ferries to France and the beautiful Harbour view sunsets. Poole is very beautiful but I can understand sometimes it could get really busy. Again few big companies have their head quarter in Poole, which brings corporate demand. It is very unfortunate, that the day you visited Poole, it was probably one of the busy nights. Please feel free to pass on your feedback to

I appreciate your comment saying hotel is not the problem. Thankyou for understanding our brand and accepting we offer value for money.

I am very glad to hear you are a platinum member and I would like to personally thank you for your loyalty with IHG. We have a separate procedure for all Platinum guests at the Holiday Inn Express Poole which includes Express Check Inn, Welcome Letter from the GM, Specialized Key wallet, Choice of any one house drink or 300 points, Complimentary superfast Internet voucher and upgrade to us best room(subject to availability).

I am sad to hear if you did not receive this service. I will personally share your comments with the team here and make sure we have appropriate training in place so this does not happen again. I understand you were not impressed by Poole, however if you do have to travel to Poole please give me a ring at 01202-649222 or email at sales@hiexpoole.co.uk and I will make sure you are treated as a VIP at the hotel.

With Best Regards

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have spent 5 months staying there due to some work assignment in Poole and I can only praise the staff for their excellent service. They made sure I had the best stay ever and sorted everything for me. I cannot recommend it enough.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Manitoba750,

I can imagine 5 months could be difficult staying away from home. I am pleased to receive your kind recommendation about our extremely friendly and helpful staff. A big thankyou from the team here in Poole. It was a pleasure serving you and we would be delighted to have you around for business as well as pleasure whenever you are in Poole.

It is very rewarding to hear such nice comments about our team. It brings a big smile on our face when we see how much our guest enjoys staying at the hotel because of us. I can now proudly say whether business or pleasure Holiday Inn Express is the best choice in Poole.