Stayed here over a weekend and we had two major issues with our stay.
The first was the breakfast. Only 4 hot options available at the self serve buffet; sausages, beans, scrambled egg and hash browns.
The issue was the buffet cart is only about 3 foot wide meaning that queues for hot food were 6-7people long. Further, the serving trays are quite small which means that once you're at the front of the queue, at least one of the four items is completely depleted (or in my case only hash browns and beans available). We requested twice for more sausages to be brought out (whilst at the back of the queue) which took 10 minutes or so (after we gave up), and as such we were left without. Staff need to pay more attention to when items are unavailable.
Also, the knives ran out and again I asked twice for more to be put out. No knives were brought out throughout my entire time at breakfast (probably 30mins) and as such I had to wipe down a knife used for jam to eat my hot breakfast. Needless to say we walked to town the next day to eat breakfast as we didn't feel we received value at the hotel, and we couldn't be bothered to tussle with other patrons for breakfast items.
Secondly, our room was at the front of the hotel not far from the main entrance and on the Saturday night other guests were congregating by the entrance talking/shouting/smoking and generally making noise until 6am the following morning. The staff seemed aware of this when we complained at check out but said there was nothing they could do, albeit they do have a responsibility to other patrons. After a night of practically zero sleep you can imagine that we were less than happy.
Essentially, if you really must stay here then request a room at the back, end of wing, or top floor, such that you are as far away as possible from the entrance.
Overall, having stayed at Holiday Inn's previously, we were completely disappointed with our stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Poole. Simply Great Poole Town Centre Hotel ; NOW OFFERING FREE WI-FI. The town centre location of our hotel in Poole, just minutes from the award-winning golden sandy beaches of Sandbanks, quayside walks, the ferry to Brownsea Island, and the Channel Islands and beyond to France, means whatever your reasons for staying with us, be there for business or pleasure, convenience must be among them.The warmth of the welcome you will receive from our friendly staff will be matched by the cosy comfort of our rooms, all of which are spacious, finished in a contemporary style, and come with complimentary Wi-Fi access and a hearty breakfast each morning. Double, Twin, and Executive rooms are available, and if you have accessibility needs we would advise booking a DDA-approved room as far in advance as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Poole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Poole Hotel Poole
- Poole Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Poole
- Holiday Inn Express Poole Dorset