“Last minute booking”

Holiday Inn Express Poole
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very pleasant, plenty of parking, helpful staff. Let down by the breakfast but then Holiday Inn Express breakfasts are never good.
We booked later than friends and ended up paying £50 for our night's stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank WagglerTango
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear WagglerTango,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed in this Hotel in the first of week in July this year. I was not feeling well and Robert (the manager) got us all the details for the local doctors and hospital. He was most helpful, professional and understanding in this situation. We would also like to add that the other hotel staff were very helpful and friendly as well. For families with toddlers (like us) or young children the hotel offers to heat their food up for them which is brilliant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Seamus910
GeneralManagerPoole, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Seamus910,

Thank you for your stay with us and for recognising the great service our staff work hard to provide. Your comments have been passed on to the relevant departments for recognition and I hope we can have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I am so happy the circumstances kinda made me and my gf stay in there for the night.
After a long long ride it was really awesome staying in.
The room was very nice, location perfect for us.
The service - Kamil, Robert, Halina - were extremely nice and helpful!
Thank you so much, for a nice stay and great help!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank 20secoffame
GeneralManagerPoole, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased that we were able to offer you hassle free accommodation and that you were pleased with the quality of the accommodation and found our staff team efficient.

I have shared all of your wonderful comments with the team in order to galvanize them to continue their good work.

We look forward to welcoming you back again the very near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have to admit that holiday Inns are my preferred hotel of choice when requiring an overnight stay. I stayed previously at Poole and the experience was spoilt by a noisy air-con unit in the bedroom. To the credit of the hotel the manager extended an invitation to return with a discounted price. We did take up the offer and this time found the service and accommodation to be very good with one glitch. Having paid upfront for the room so that we could literally just drop the key on reception when we left we were surprised to be informed that we owed an additional amount. The matter was quickly resolved, but it appeared someone had allocated to our room their drinks. Relatively trivial but annoying especially as the receptionist had to get authorisation from the customer services manager to waive the charge. Embarrassing for all concerned

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim N
Reviewed 22 June 2014

After a long day of cycling they were really helpful with helping us store the bikes. The girl behind the desk went out of her way to help us in all kinds of ways like bringing up food to us, even though they dont advertise room service. Room was comfortable and just as expected.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank d_h_will
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear d_h_Will,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I didn't know what to expect as I've not stopped in a holiday inn express before but I was pleasantly surprised.
Hotel very clean, room too. Fresh towels daily , if needed. Always nice to have tea & coffee facilities in the room.
The hotel is close to the shops and next door is a leisure pool.
Can be slightly noisey but not much.
I was surprised to find a hot breakfast of sausage, scrambled egg, beans and hash browns. There was yogurt and fruit and also cereal too. Toast and croissants too, coffee, tea and juices.
The only downside is that you have to pay to park when you should park free if staying there. It was £3 a day when I booked but it is now £5 a day.
Sand banks not far, about 10 minutes and also ferry, which we used twice, £3.50 one way.
There is a train that runs by but I only heard this once.
Great beeches.

Room Tip: The front rooms look out onto the main roads but this wasn't a problem.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sue J
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Sue,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to leaving feedback online.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast we offer. I am sorry to read that there was some confusion on the parking charge, however due to change in rate for using the car park, we unfortunately had to offset this cost to our guests.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

It's been my third time staying in the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful, even though I was late for breakfast, they served it out of hours. Nice receptionist and manager Robert. For sure I will visit that place again and I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerPoole, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Emma S

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel staff particularly Robert; we are glad he was helpful during your stay and that you enjoyed your break with us.

We are delighted that you continue to choose our hotel chain and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards