“Afternoon Tea”
Review of Thistle Poole

Thistle Poole
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My daughter and 5 year old granddaughter joined me for afternoon tea this afternoon and we could not fault it.
When we arrived we were not sure about the car parking (i.e. did we have to pay) but the receptionist was very helpful and explained that we did not need to pay.
We were greeted in the restaurant by a lovely waitress who clearly enjoys her job. I am only sorry I did not think to ask her for her name as she is a credit to this establishment. She was attentive without being a nuisance. The tea was lovely and the views across the harbour from the restaurant just added to the enjoyment.
I agree with some comments on here that the interior decor and furnishings may be rather dated, but everything is in very good condition and spotlessly clean. I would rather eat in somewhere like this with excellent staff than be in an ultra modern restaurant where the staff are about as much use as plastic dolls!
We will definitely be going back to Thistle Hotel in Poole.
Thank-you

Room Tip: Unable to rate rooms etc as we had afternoon tea only
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear HappyWalkerPoole

Thank you for your kind comments - it is great that your family enjoyed afternoon tea at the Hotel.
We take great effort to ensure that we employ staff with friendly personalities rather than plastic dolls! I will get the Restaurant Manager to ascertain who the person is and nominate them for employee of the month.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Thistle Poole

Reviewed 4 May 2012

From checking in, to checking out, everything was perfect. Even though the weather was poor, the staff remained cheerful. Breakfast is a must!

Stayed: June 2011
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Suzanne019

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Although there was not much we can do about the weather it is great to see that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Tired room. Great views. Decent breakfast. Woken at 1.30am by somone else in the room. Seems someone had been given my room too! Took ages to explain this to reception who offered no apology or explaination. Travel to Poole on business often. Will not stay here again

• Stayed: April 2012
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear SteveOu812
I am very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay and were woken up. Please be assured that this is not a normal occurrence and I would like to ensure that this does not happen again. I would appreciate if you can contact myself directly at the hotel so that I can personally look into what happened.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Booked twin on 2 seperate nights, got doubles. Complained when we got to the room and found them to be very small doubles, twin rooms (as booked) were then found after a short delay.
Far to expensive to use Wi-Fi so not able to check emails etc.
Very good food, excellent service at dinner.
Cold bathrooms as towel rail not working, reception advised system being worked on. Car park charges were an unpleasant surprise for overnight stays.

Stayed: April 2012

Dear Archie481
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the dinner.

We have just created a loyalty programme called Signature which allows members to have access to a free wifi allowance each night of their stay. I have passed your comments onto reception as this should have been mentioned when prices were discussed. I am sorry that you were not made aware of the carpark charges. We carry out regular checks on our competitors to ensure that the prices are comparable with other Hotels and advertise the rates on both our website and all websites that we sell rooms on. I am sorry that this was not detected at the time of the booking being made.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

the hotel, has a great location, rooms overlooking the harbour, its worth the extra payment,rooms are okay, great walks, food very good, car parking is payable,£5 per night. staff were friendly, and efficient.
great pubs on the seafront" lord Nelson" and a jd wetherspoon, for cheap beer, and food

Room Tip: get a sea view room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Carmine69
It's great to read that you have had an enjoyable stay at the Hotel. We do have great views and you are right about the great walks close by.
I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Just returned from a weekend in Poole. Although weather was not too good the view from our room could not be faulted. We overlooked Poole Quay and the location for reastaurants and pubs was excellent. The room was a little tired looking but clean. Staff very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mtaylor55
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear MTaylor55
Thank you for taking time to provide a review on the Hotel. I am sorry that there was nothing we could do about the weather, however am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the lovely views.
I hope next time you visit the Hotel the weather is better.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night. The room had a nice view over the waterfront and was quite comfortable. Bathroom a bit tired and old, room could do with modernizing and a good freshen up. Staff helpful and friendly.

Stayed: April 2012
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear InekeB
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. It is good to see that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the Hotel's stunning views. We are in the process of updating the Hotel as part of an on-going maintenance programme which is seeing the Hotel being refreshed. Work so far has included the corridors, flat screen televisions, bar and reception. I do hope we can welcome you back in the future so you can see more improvements that we are currently working on.