Thistle Poole
US$146
US$131
Travelocity
US$147
Premier Inn Poole North Hotel(Poole)(Great Value!)
US$94
PremierInn.com
US$91
PremierInn.com
US$65
Travelodge
1,027 results
All reviewsharbour view restaurantexcellent locationharbour frontfirst floorbrownsea islandper daycar parkingpubs and restaurantsbit datedstayed for one nightwedding receptiona sea view roomhigh streetplenty of parkingafternoon teatown centreshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Had an evening meal with College, asked for Port to go with our cheese & Biscuits, told very rudely they didn't have any.
Breakfast- apart form one person rude service.

To cap it all on leaving tried to charge us twice for parking and then made out they were doing us a favor taking off

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank PrinceLard
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. There is no excuse for not having port to go with the cheese and biscuits and I have ensured that we will always have some available. I disappointed the fact that you found the staff to be rude. Please be assured that this is not a normal occurrence and I have spoken to the relevant managers to ensure that this is not repeated.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

This Hotel is well located, but is looking a little 'tired'. The reception staff are friendly but lacking in knowledge of local amenities. I suspect that this is not their fault but due to a lack of training.
The breakfast buffet is fair. Overall Value For Money is moderate.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear MikeTSurrey

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Hotel. I have spoken to the Reception Manager with regards to your comments about the local knowledge to ensure that all of the staff are up to speed with regards to guest requests.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

The hotel is in a really good spot - right next to Poole Quay. There is lots of parking at the rear, although even as a hotel guest you do still have to pay £5 to park for 24 hours.

When we arrived, the receptionist was abrupt and showed no interest in whether we'd had a good trip or found the hotel OK. She spoke to us like she expected us to have already logged our car in electronically to their parking system, even though we'd never visited this hotel before and clearly didn't know how to do this.

The room overlooked the car park, which was fine as we were only staying for 1 night and it was quiet. However, the room desperately needed refurbishing - there was mould all around the window, and there were holes in the curtains. The grouting in the bathroom was discoloured, and the décor/furniture just looked really tired. Not what you would expect from this sort of hotel.

The breakfast was really good (but then it should be at £10 per head), but when we came to check-out, the receptionist tried to charge us for dinner the night before (which we didn't have), and then for double the amount of breakfasts we'd had.

As we were driving out of Poole, we saw there is a Premier Inn nearby - might not be such a good location, but I can guarantee the room and service will be better.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EWestSussex

Dear EllenWestSussex

Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay.
I am sorry that the Maintenance issues were not rectified prior to your arrival. Both the Housekeeper and Maintenance Manager have since been in the room and repaired the issues you describe. I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast - the chef does provide a good variety of food and good quality also.

I am concerned about your comments about service as generally we have a good location and provide good customer service. I have spoken to the new Reception Manager with regards to your comments and staff have been retrained to ensure that this is an isolated incident.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

in urgent need of modernising, stayed here for 3 nights 22,23,24 june nice view of harbour area but the bedroom furniture is very tired and dated mildew on bathroom tiles several stains on wallpaper bed was broken [ as was a year ago same room ] staff were friendly food was fair, will have to look for alternative in september. m owen

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johndgreen

Dear JohnDGreen

Thanks for your feedback - I am really sorry that the issue with the bed had not been rectified. The Head Housekeeper has checked every bedroom to ensure that this has been rectified. We are in the process of updating the bedrooms as part of an on-going maintenance programme and I am sure you will see a difference on your next stay.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Terrible food - ordered lamb rump and house salad. Salad sent back as was tiny, no dressing and had lumps of butter through it. Potato side was raw. No apology when sent back. Rooms in dire need of updating, seriously tatty and the view of the car park isn't the best if you're at the back. Function that was on could be heard throughout the building.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank mmcmullan

Dear Mmcmullan

Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations with regards to the food. This is not the standard that we provide, nor aim for and I have discussed with the chef in terms of ensuring that this is an isolated incident. Unfortunately we are unable to have all of our rooms facing the harbour, however I would recommend paying the small supplement to ensure that you get the great view.

Thank you for your feedback, and I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.