“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Have just returned from a four night break with my partner. When we arrived we were told we had been upgraded to a ground floor sea view room for free. The staff are all friendly , rooms are lovely and clean if not a little dated.I understand a refurbishment is happening at the moment. Love the location as it is right on the harbour, we come to Poole every year to visit my family and this is the best hotel we have stayed in.We will be back next year .

Room Tip: We stayed in room 16 noisy on tuesday and thursday evenings but this is due to bike night and the fi...
1 Thank traceyb19661
Christian S, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Thank you for your kind review traceyb1966, and I am pleased we were able to provide you with an enjoyable stay in Poole. Our rooms are undergoing a refurbishment programme, so hopefully next year you will see the result. Please feel free to contact me before your next stay.
Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Just spent a two night break at the Thistle and cannot fault it in any way. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful and our dinner in the restaurant was as good as many 5 star hotels we have stayed in and the breakfast was excellent too. The location is ideal and the little garden is a nice place to sit and while away an hour if the weather is good. Our room (206) was on the 2nd floor with air conditioning and had a fabulous view of the harbour, All in all I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor rooms as I believe they are upgraded rooms and have aircon.
Dear jenM69
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor and I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and in Poole. I have passed on your kind comments to the relevant departments.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Kind Regards,
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We went to Thistle Poole for a 2 nights stay and had an enjoyable time. It is a great place to relax from the busy London life. The area is great and has loads to offer. The Thistle Poole is a traditional English hotel and is good value for a 3 star hotel. We enjoyed dinner on the 2 nights we stayed. The staff was very friendly and I would particularly would like to mention Nora who has recently joined your team. She was very attentive and very friendly and was there most of the time we spent time at the hotel. She deserves your employee of the month mention.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Christian S, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear stephanie f, thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed on your comments to Nora and the rest of the team.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Merriott, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

The hotel and Restaurant are very good indeed. The restaurant however does not serve lunch. It is served in a small bar with only 4 tables. When the weathers good there are tables outside. If couples are seated at all tables you will have to wait or share. We ordered very ordinary meals which should not have taken long to prepare, 40 minutes later the food arrived. My wife's curry was fine but the cheese pasty I had was awful. The woman in charge of the bar was more interested in talking than working. The hotel is missing a trick here. If they opened the restaurant serving the bar menu then more customers could be accommodated. If you want a good lunch there is a cafe a few minutes walk away. Shame as the breakfast and evening meals are excellent. Sort ot out!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your time to write your review James46172. I am sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your lunch at the Anchor Bar and I agree that the waiting time was unacceptable. I have spoken with the F&B teams to make sure this does not happen again.
On a positive note I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rest of the hotel.
Please feel free to contact me directly for your next visit.

Travellers are raving about these Poole hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I arrived around 2am and was exhausted beyond belief. I was dealt with very gently by a sympathetic receptionist and sent to room 101. The bed was comfortable with a good mattress and firm pillows and I slept soundly.

The breakfast in the morning was an extensive buffet style spread. When I explained I needed to take food and run, I had to sign a form, but this was no problem.

I was also late to return to pick my car up later in the day and was worried that I would be charged, when I called to explain, they were very understanding and gave me the grace of an extra hour to get there in time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review Wondering_Princess. We are pleased that you have enjoyed our hospitality and I have passed on your kind comments to all relevant teams.
Please feel free to contact me direct for your next stay with us.
west midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This was our 1st visit to Poole we booked to stay at the Thistle Hotel, we were not disappointed . All of the staff were so pleasant and helpful. Our room over looked the harbour the view was lovely. It was my husbands birthday while we were there, when we returned after a day out there was a card and box of chocolates in the room for him. The rooms were very clean and the bed was so comfortable, the restaurant has lovely views over the harbour. All in all a g.reat holiday

Room Tip: Pay that bit extra for a view of the harbour
Dear mrshWestMidlands,
I was very pleased to read your great review. Thank you for your kind words and I have passed them on the our staff.
Best regards
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a couple of nights at this great hotel.

The view of Brownsea Island & the boating harbour was amazing from our room. The position adjacent to so many of Poole's attractions adds greatly to the value of the visit.

All areas of the Hotel are well fitted and very clean. Every member of staff we dealt with we're pleasantly professional and keen to please.

Great secure parking relieved us of the need to hunt for local parking.

The hotel manager was genuinely friendly towards us & fellow visitors, taking a real interest in ensuring everything was perfect!

We would certainly recommend the Hotel to friends and relations and we shall return again in the near future....MANY THANKS!!

1 Thank Bill W
Christian S, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Bill W,
Thank you for your pleasent comments, and I have pleased we were able to provide you with an enjoyable short break. I have passed on your comments to the relevant members of the team. We would very much look forward to welcoming you back here in the future.
Kind Regards