“Thistle Hotel Poole.”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Pewsey, United Kingdom
“Thistle Hotel Poole.”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed for one night, I can't fault the location right on the quay especially with a room overlooking the harbour. The staff are friendly enough and the rooms are adequate.
I have marked it down a bit as I felt it was long overdue for redecorating, You have to pay to park your car in the hotel car park, and it is not what you would call budget prices for the rooms.

However the room was fine for us as we were only having a family get together on the quay and would we stay there again? probably but only after checking out the local guest houses first.

Room Tip: Ask for a waterside view or the only view you will get will be the car park.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Christian S, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Moonraker1. Thank you for your time reviewing our hotel. We are currently updating all our rooms and hope to give it a more contemporary twist. I have passed on your kind comments to all relevant departments. I am looking forward to welcoming you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Having stayed at the Thistle Poole with relatives I recommend this hotel for it's excellent service and comfortable facilities. We were delighted with our upgraded room featuring charming sea views across the quay. Of note was the faultless service we received throughout our stay, delivered by friendly and courteous staff. In particular, Lesley on reception deserves a mention for her helpful manner. Whilst the décor at Thistle Poole lends itself to a traditional yet elegant feel, I wonder if it would benefit from a more contemporary twist in keeping with it's vibrant and picturesque location? Overall, this was a most memorable weekend and I would be delighted to stay in this pleasant establishment again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear 1Snooks. Thank you for your time reviewing our hotel. We are currently updating all our rooms and hope to give it a more contemporary twist. I have passed on your kind comments to all relevant departments. I am looking forward to welcoming you again.
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed at the thistle Poole on the spur of the moment. The location is superb on the quayside overlooking pool harbour. The staff were friendly and our we paid extra for a room with a view. They even provide you with binoculars!! Our only problem was that it was a standard 4' 6 inch double which is unusual even the premier inn have queen size beds. But all in all we would stay again because of the location.

Room Tip: Ask for a quayside room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear martinhelma, thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope welcomig you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Spent two nights at this hotel with my partner & my daughter to take advantage of the local beaches. The hotel is a typical chain branded hotel with pleasant staff in a great location right on the quay. The most memorable thing about our stay at the hotel was when the waiter spilt drinks down the back of my partner at dinner on the second night. It was purely by accident and had my daughter and I in fits of laughter. The waiter did offer to have her dress dry-cleaned but it was a genuine accident so decided to forego it as the overall dinner service on both nights was pretty good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Christian S, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Thank you for the time taken to write your review mikek1k, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to convay my apologises to your partner for the incident with her dress, but pleased it didn't hinder your evening with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again! Kind Regards
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Have just returned from a four night break with my partner. When we arrived we were told we had been upgraded to a ground floor sea view room for free. The staff are all friendly , rooms are lovely and clean if not a little dated.I understand a refurbishment is happening at the moment. Love the location as it is right on the harbour, we come to Poole every year to visit my family and this is the best hotel we have stayed in.We will be back next year .

Room Tip: We stayed in room 16 noisy on tuesday and thursday evenings but this is due to bike night and the fi...
1 Thank traceyb19661
Thank you for your kind review traceyb1966, and I am pleased we were able to provide you with an enjoyable stay in Poole. Our rooms are undergoing a refurbishment programme, so hopefully next year you will see the result. Please feel free to contact me before your next stay.
Kind Regards,
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Just spent a two night break at the Thistle and cannot fault it in any way. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful and our dinner in the restaurant was as good as many 5 star hotels we have stayed in and the breakfast was excellent too. The location is ideal and the little garden is a nice place to sit and while away an hour if the weather is good. Our room (206) was on the 2nd floor with air conditioning and had a fabulous view of the harbour, All in all I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor rooms as I believe they are upgraded rooms and have aircon.
Dear jenM69
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor and I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and in Poole. I have passed on your kind comments to the relevant departments.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Kind Regards,
london
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We went to Thistle Poole for a 2 nights stay and had an enjoyable time. It is a great place to relax from the busy London life. The area is great and has loads to offer. The Thistle Poole is a traditional English hotel and is good value for a 3 star hotel. We enjoyed dinner on the 2 nights we stayed. The staff was very friendly and I would particularly would like to mention Nora who has recently joined your team. She was very attentive and very friendly and was there most of the time we spent time at the hotel. She deserves your employee of the month mention.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Christian S, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear stephanie f, thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed on your comments to Nora and the rest of the team.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.