“1 night stay”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Poole
england
“1 night stay”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have to say this is my second time staying at the Thistle and it was very nice indeed. The staff all ways had a smile and also all ways said hello or good morning even the maids doing the rooms as well said good morning. We only had breakfast there and that was also good nothing to complain about there. The room was good & clean but bathroom had cracked tiles so was looking a bit tired but apart from that all good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Christian S, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear gpfood,
Thank you for your kind review and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your comments to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!
Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Fantastic location on Poole Quay, the staff here were very attentive and polite - the food at dinner was excellent in the restaurant - a big thank you for making our stay relaxed and a delight - our server at dinner was so attentive, even when we needed to change room as our aircon was not working, there was minimum fuss - yes the decor is tired but the hotel is efficiently run and the staff more than make up for this.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Backpacker2104,
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and were happy with the service you recieved. I have passed on your kind comments to the team, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed here in May 2014 for a business trip and was really disappointed. I was booked into a single room and quite frankly it's one of the smallest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. My company book a lot of hotel rooms and so get a small discount, resulting in my room costing around £120. If I had paid £120 for the room that I received I quite honestly would have got my money back and walked straight out of teh hotel and found another. The room was dated, moldy, and as I have said before, very small. I had a double bed, but it was sandwiched between a wall and the wardrobe. I had a small table and a desk, but only room for one chair. That was all of the floor space in the room taken up. The bar / restaurant looked better and has a great view of the sea. However, at £7.50 for a glass of Amaretto I didn't drink in there long! Breakfast was also quite expensive for what you got; £16.95 for the hot and cold selection is quite steep compared to other chains. The staff were not that helpful either. When I approached them with a billing problem (I wanted to pay extra for a larger room without changing the billing to my company) they at first seemed uninterested, then asked me to wait 15 minutes while an unseen back office member of staff looked into the problem and finally stated that there was nothing they could do and that I would have to make do with the room I was in. Overall, I felt this was the worst Thistle I have ever stayed in and has changed my opinion of this chain of hotels. I have advised my company not to book with them in the future. I do accept that the other rooms in the hotel may be of a better standard, but this review is aimed at those individual travelers who may be looking at single occupancy rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Blatch_and_Netty
Dear Blatch and Netty,
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay here in the hotel.
We price our rooms competitvely against local hotels of a similair standard in the area. Our tooms can appear a little dated but we are currently embracing a soft refurbishment programme, which I am sure you can appreciate does take time.
I am sorry that the staff were not helpful in your billing enquiry, and for this I apologise and would like to assure you that this will be discussed with the team.
In terms of the drinks and breakfast prices, these are set centrally for all Thistle Hotels, so I am surprised that you have not found this to be a problem before.
Kind Regards

Travellers are raving about these Poole hotels

Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Often stay at the Thistle to get signature points.Not fussed about a sea view as it costs more also usually out all the time.You do get the odd tired room but this time ours was spot on .The bathroom had been recently refurbished and everything shipshape.Only eaten breakfast once due to having enough points to get it free.It was very good but had to wait awhile to get a seat as full.Always look out for any cheap rates which come along every now and then

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 986diddy,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and noticed the soft refurbishment we are currently putting in place within the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Fantastic location right on the waterfront. Lovely friendly, efficient and helpful check in. I'm not sure if they are all the same but our room was unfortunately rather tired looking, with frayed curtains, chipped glazing on the bathroom sink and dis-coloured grouting in the bath; we also spent most of the night chasing our pillows down the back of the bed which moves away from the headboard on it's own will! On the flip side there is air conditioning, a good sized TV and nice room service menu.
Breakfast in the morning was lovely! Friendly service, good choice, and frequently refilled so lovely and hot. As it was Easter weekend there was also hot cross buns which I thought was a lovely addition.
Overall a nice stay and would return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Christian S, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Brikfan,

Thank you for your time reviewing your stay with us.
I am pleased to hear that our check-in was efficient and you enjoyed our service. We are aware that some rooms need some TLC and started a refurbishment program, but this will take some time as we have to go through every room individually.

Please feel free to contact me directly for your next stay.

Many thanks
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the thistle hotel on poole quay twice now,On the second visit we had breakfast included, Which was very good indeed, we were also pleased with the room.
Occupation of the room is from 1400 hours we arrived approx 1500 hours,No room had been allocated which i found surprising,as we had booked and paid for our room in advance.
The checking in experience was very prolonged on both of my visits,which we found was the only downside to a very enjoyable stay.
The only reason i decided to do a review, is in the hope the management team,read these reviews and act on them, It seems such a repetitive situation in the hotel trade to get so
wrong,when they have so much right. David & Linda Ritchie

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear david r,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you have stayed with us twice now and that you enjoyed our service provided.
I understand that the check-in process can take a little longer on occasions but generally speaking we can have guests checked in within 3 minutes. We are trying to give every costumer the same level of service and depending on questions asked and other information required, it can take a little longer. On busier times we have two receptionists working but sometimes multiple guests arrive at the same time.
To counteract the issue we have created an on-line check-in service: please use the link provided:

Kind regards
Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a long weekend at the end of April and found the hotel to be clean and well organised by the management. There was a breakdown in communications over a problem that we had but all was well in the end. Service in the restaurant for one dinner and two breakfasts was to a very good standard. The staff all worked well as a team and the food was excellent. Rooms clean and tidy and we will be back.
Recommend that you upgrade to a view of the quay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Christian S, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Sprinkle2,

Many thanks for your kind review. It is nice to hear that efforts by our team member is appreciated and has been recognised.

Please feel free to contact me for your next stay.

Kind regards