1,204 results
All reviews harbour view restaurant harbour front excellent location first floor brownsea island car parking bars and restaurants bit dated wedding reception stayed for one night a sea view room night stay afternoon tea town centre high street comfortable room short break
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Hotel is in a great location with amazing views, close to town!
Rooms are clean & comfortable.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, all very friendly.
Thank you, we will definately see you again!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jonathan B, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to complete a survey of our hotel following your recent visit. I’m very pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and in particular found our location ideal for your needs and our staff friendly and helpful. I have shared this feedback with the entire team to ensure that they remain motivated to provide this high level of service. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. For our best rates, including free breakfast, please visit our website.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Lovely location right on the quayside at Poole with plenty of restaurants and pubs in just a few minutes walk. Only drawback is that it is a costly hotel but no doubt this is because of the stunning location.

Date of stay: August 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to complete a survey of our hotel following your recent visit. I’m very pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and in particular found our location ideal for your needs. Situated directly on Poole Quay, we’re able to offer stunning views of Brownsea Island, the Purbeck Hills and the 2nd largest natural harbour in the world. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. For our best rates, including free breakfast, please visit our website.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

The room smelt musty, the shower leaked all over the floor. We couldn't have drinks after 11 in The bar we had to take them to our room, the bed was the most uncomfortablebed I've ever slept in! And just 2 milk portions.. So one cup of tea each.. Awful place!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank simoncreasey123
Jonathan B, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to complete a survey of our hotel following your recent visit. I’m very sorry to note that you experienced these maintenance issues in your room. Please be advised that this feedback has been shared with my Maintenance team so that they can rectify the problem immediately. For future reference, please be advised that we do have a dedicated maintenance team on-site who are able to fix most problems in a timely manner. Failing this, we would have been happy to offer you a room move. Please accept my sincerest apologies if this hindered your stay. I hope to welcome you back again in the near future. For our best rates, including free breakfast, please visit our website.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Lovely food and good value forMoney.
Staff were very friendly and very helpful. Highly recommend it for a great Sunday carvery for £12.50 for one course and £14.50 for 2 courses the chocolate tart was amazing, and my only criticism was that it would have been nice with a bit of ice cream.
I would be definitely returning.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a survey of our hotel following your recent visit. I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your visit, especially our food and drink offering. I have shared this feedback with the entire team. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I expected a good level of room not the dirty, smelly, hole of a room. I was so dissapointed, the room had strage smears on the floor and brown ones in the corridor. The staff in the bar were..... not the brightest. One lady asked for a spitzer with soda, a large white with a glass of warm fizzy water and another glass of ice was served!!!!

I could imagine that the place would be great in the summer with the right rooms and a really good overhaul but I am dreading having to return if the office book me there again!!

Staff on desk were very good as a plus point and breakfast was great. Some good points but overall a huge let down.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank QprStu

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to complete a survey of our hotel following your recent visit. I’m very sorry to note that you experienced some issues with the condition of your room and bar service. Please be rest assured that I have shared this feedback with my Management team so that they can take the necessary actions to make improvements. Please accept my sincerest apologies if this hindered your stay. I hope to welcome you back again in the near future. For our best rates, including free breakfast, please visit our website.