“Best Indian in town”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: BH14 0JT 01202 717061
Reviewed 13 January 2012

we have been going here for 10 years plus, food is always the best, I often meet up with former colleagues here and all are invariably impressed. Good service. The curries are on the mild side compared to many Indians, but the flavours are spot on. Cosco keema is a lovely starter. I'd ignore the complaints, people often only write reviews when something annoys them, I have eaten here probably over 50 times and never had a complaint or been ill. Top marks fellas.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

I should mention, afore we start. That Im a recent convert to Indian food, this time last year, I wasnt eating anything unless it had swam up the Wareham river, However following a family meal at an indian, where I was adamant I was gonna have an omelette, but was talked into a curry, and enjoyed it, I was converted, now Im sure every town has the same, i.e. a good place to have a curry, We have a few, but the holy grail im told is the "Gate of India" Twas my birthday, so booked a table for six at said eaterie for 19.30 (half seven in old money), We duly arrived 10 mins early and was shown to our table (that should have been able to seat four anorexic people ) Friendly waiter took our drinks order and asked if we wanted popadoms (therein was the clue, food to stave of hunger for an hour or two) We stupidly declined and ordered wine and beer, we then ordered our food, nothing too fancy, everything off the menu. 75 mins later, we asked as to the whereabouts of our food (we had ordered another bottle of wine by then), We where then brought warm plates, but alas no food! another 15 mins elapsed, before our food was put before us, it must be said it was nice, but nothing to warrent worrying the post office. defo would not return.

2  Thank Poole2
Reviewed 31 December 2011

The Gate never disappoints, Great food and service.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

My family and I have been going to the Gate of India for years. The staff are very welcoming and always obliging. There is a wide range of choice and no two curries taste the same. It often gets very busy at the weekends and you have to wait slightly longer but the standard is consistent. Takeaway is also good, however it is a shame there is no delivery. It is always great value for money.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I often work in Poole and unless I'm with colleges, tend to grab a take away and have it at my hotel. I've never eaten in at Gate of India but their takeaways have always been great.
The most noteworthy curry I've had there has been their Chicken Ceylon (spelt Cylon on the menu).
I love indian food and know lots of indian restaurants around the country but the chicken ceylon here has to be one of the nicest I have ever had the pleasure of devouring!
I wanted to place this review to hopefully encourage people to go and try it!