“Decent Curryhouse”
Review of Gate of India - CLOSED

Gate of India
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: BH14 0JT 01202 717061
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Decent Curryhouse”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Excellent value for money and great food. Visited with 2 year old and they looked after us well.

Visited January 2012

Poole, England
“Best Indian Restaurant/Takeaway”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We have been using the Gate to eat in though mainly as a Takeaway for about 20 years. The staff are always very friendly and usually recognise me when I call in to collect our order. If you want to eat in you definitely need to book especially for a Friday or Saturday evening. If you want a takeaway you need to phone in your order beforehand otherwise you will have to wait while it is cooked - 30 to 40 minutes. The food is so good and the restaurant is so popular that space is at a premium. We have only been let down once and that was two days before Christmas when one item was left out of our order. I phoned up to let them know and they couldn't have been more helpful. I would rate this as the best Indian restaurant ever on quality of food and friendliness of staff. However if you want a quick in and out this won't suit you.

Poole, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in town”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

we have been going here for 10 years plus, food is always the best, I often meet up with former colleagues here and all are invariably impressed. Good service. The curries are on the mild side compared to many Indians, but the flavours are spot on. Cosco keema is a lovely starter. I'd ignore the complaints, people often only write reviews when something annoys them, I have eaten here probably over 50 times and never had a complaint or been ill. Top marks fellas.

• Visited November 2011
Poole, United Kingdom
“What a disapointment!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I should mention, afore we start. That Im a recent convert to Indian food, this time last year, I wasnt eating anything unless it had swam up the Wareham river, However following a family meal at an indian, where I was adamant I was gonna have an omelette, but was talked into a curry, and enjoyed it, I was converted, now Im sure every town has the same, i.e. a good place to have a curry, We have a few, but the holy grail im told is the "Gate of India" Twas my birthday, so booked a table for six at said eaterie for 19.30 (half seven in old money), We duly arrived 10 mins early and was shown to our table (that should have been able to seat four anorexic people ) Friendly waiter took our drinks order and asked if we wanted popadoms (therein was the clue, food to stave of hunger for an hour or two) We stupidly declined and ordered wine and beer, we then ordered our food, nothing too fancy, everything off the menu. 75 mins later, we asked as to the whereabouts of our food (we had ordered another bottle of wine by then), We where then brought warm plates, but alas no food! another 15 mins elapsed, before our food was put before us, it must be said it was nice, but nothing to warrent worrying the post office. defo would not return.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Poole2
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 31 December 2011

The Gate never disappoints, Great food and service.

• Visited December 2011