“Delicious Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: BH14 0JT 01202 717061
Reviewed 8 August 2013

First visit to the gate of India .The food was excellent as was the service.I can see why everyone raves about the food now.Also reasonably priced.Will be returning very soon .Wish I had visited before !!!

1  Thank sharon m

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have eaten here a few times recently and have to question why we have never eaten here before; its well worth a visit.

Food has been consistent in quality and taste and cant be faulted (other than they use garlic puree to make Garlic Naan not fresh garlic). Service is polite and unhurried.

My only criticism is that they do cram you in when they are busy which can make you feel uncomfortable if you have a rowdy crowd beside you; but that's business, I guess you gotta grab it all you can.

Its best to make a reservation as they do get very busy early, especially at weekends.

1  Thank LoonyLou
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

I've been visiting this restaurant since the last 12 years when I move to Poole and NOT once have I been disappointed by the quality of food or the standard of service. Atmosphere is always amazing as ever. All the staff treat me like their own family and know my orders by heart. I do travel around the country quiet a lot due to my work and I must admit this Indian just ticks all the boxes you'd expect from an excellent restaurant.

P.s. I would like to comment in regards to 'Mejo K's review below; clearly you must be a really -ve sort of person to say the restaurant and the staff have ever satisfied your needs. Like I said I've been here the last 12 years and I know of atleast 30 regular diners who have been dining at the Gate for decades and never had a bad experience. The business speaks for itself if you visit anytime of the week either be it Monday or Friday, it is always packed and you'll also notice the departure of customers with smiles of satisfaction on their faces.

The boys do a brilliant job including Shahan, Alam and the boss Meraz making sure each and every customer is satisfied and mind you 'Mejo K' all of this is from my own observation over that last 12 years! I do hope ' Mejo K' have you do have an absolutely horrible dining experience one fine day so that you can appreciate the Gate's hospitality!

1  Thank Quarterpounde
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The gate of India resturant is Ashley cross the best carry place in Dorset.Everybody smiling and very nice welcoming face nice service and very good atmosfair aswel.I come this side holiday and my friends recommended this carry place.We r 4 parson and we had a tanduri moglish,prown bona,naga lamb,and shatkora fish kema nan,pasowari nan,egg parata ohhh is away some food.I leaving Devon I had a carry is about 18 years but this is the resturant is very best resturant in my life I recommended everybody come and try this yummy food.

1  Thank Jonssmith
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I really dont understand the people who give good comments about this place. They never had something good I should say. Service is terrible. Nobody except the owner know to smile or talk. The plate I was given was dirty ( had food wastage all over it ). Then I was given a new plate, which was sort of clean. The worst peshwari naan I ever had in my life. Tandoori dish was just average. The salad looked not at all fresh.

2  Thank Mejo K