Arndale Court
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We booked a 3 night stay via LastMinute.com for my partner's birthday weekend and as I have been poorly - we both needed the break. On arriving we were shown to a horrible tatty room on the first floor, overlooking flat rooves and rubbish, which was also boiling hot. The bed had springs sticking out of it and there was only one set of towels, a broken air conditioning unit, fittings were broken and there was no wardrobe. The staff managed to sort out the towels after the second time we asked, and also brought us a working fan for the heat. We slept badly, but on going down to breakfast the following morning were more annoyed that the rooms being cleaned that we could see into were on a completely different level to the one we had been given, twice the size with matching furnishings, desks, sofas, larger tvs etc. After breakfast we complained, and were offered a room on the ground floor which was huge and, although dated, with a hard bed, much better. The Manager told my partner this was the room HE had slept in the previous night! We could only presume the room we had been given the night before was staff accommodation as it was of such a low standard, and perhaps the Manager should think twice before giving this room to paying guests in future. This really soured our weekend and we were appalled at such poor treatment. Apart from this, we found the breakfast to be very poor by modern standards - very limited with extremely patchy and random service. On our final morning we asked for some coffee four times before we were given it, were given 2 slices of toast between two of us, and our breakfast took over an hour and a half. Our "discounted rate" was £110 per night incidentally, in case you are interested in staying here, but we really felt it was poor value for money.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellaDachsund
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel was perfectly servicable but I found it a little dated. In fact, it inspired me to watch a few episodes of Ever Decreasing Circles on YouTube.

On arrival, the Please Make Up My Room sign was hanging on the door which I found a bit off putting. Luckily my room had been cleaned, although it did feel a little shabby with old fittings in the bathroom making it look a bit grimy and something unidentified lurking in the sink that I didn't stop to investigate.

The staff were helpful, and breakfast in the morning was very tasty and a generous portion size was provided. Wifi worked, but the hairdryer was ever so ineffectual - felt like a fairy blowing kisses and barely dried at all. I just put my hair up and left with it wet in the end.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Just a quick stop overnight, but very helpful staff and superb location and reasonable rates so thank you, so glad that I checked it out and not my husband as he booked us in to the George last time and that was horrific. Highly recommend Arndale Court

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Just left after one nights stay before getting the ferry to Guernsey. This hotels in a perfect location for the train station/ferry terminal and shops. Arndale court is a cosy little hotel. It is a bit dated but its cosy and clean. I noticed a few people mention about the water pressure. I had no problem an ran a bath in 5 mins. I had a meal to my room an it was all fresh and delicious and reasonably priced. The bed wasnt the comfiest but ok for one night stay. I had my dog with me and he was welcomed also. Would stay here again and reccomend this hotel for short stays.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 30 July 2013

A pleasant and large hotel with a comfortable feel and helpful staff. Room and bathroom were clean and well presented although the shower was not the most powerful and could do with an upgrade. Would recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business