“awful”
Review of Arndale Court

Arndale Court
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Reviewed 6 October 2013

car park is good (although entrance is hard to find , carpet is worn out totally , rooms are dull and tierd tv has limited channels wifi is hit and miss , breakfast is ok . not a pleasure to stay.
will rather go to a premier inn next time

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank busybeeisme

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Another last minute booking - we paid £140 four four of us in a huge family room for B&B. Its a 3 star hotel and it isn't fancy in any way. We were encouraged to have a drink in the small bar in the evening ( which stays open until the last person leaves) and full English breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank collyb
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Booked 3 rooms for a family wedding. Good location and lovely staff, the rooms are a bit tired and could do with freshening up. Bathroom in our room was very tired. Having said this, it would not stop me booking again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lyn M
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed here for a mid-week break, all the staff were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble for them. Room was very clean, comfortable, large and airy. We enjoyed our first 3 nights so much we stayed an extra night. Did not have an evening meal but other guests were recommending us to.
Only poor comment I would make is that for me the meat on the breakfast was of a low quality...shame because the rest was lovely. The service at breakfast was nothing short of excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tyers36
Reviewed 26 August 2013

nice people, excellent restaurant, good sized rooms and well located to get into Poole park or the Quay. Can highly recommend the restaurant also.

Surprised by the low star reviews to be honest, if you book last minute don't be surprised you get the worst room if that's all that's left....

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Rm 26, large double room at the front on the first floor. Smallish hotel, with rather retro furnishings and decor. I found it cozy and the staff really helpful and pleasant. As a female staying alone I felt really safe here.

I often stay in premier inns and have become accustomed to the uniformity, but the Arndale offered more convenience and provisions than the premiers. Ironing board,iron, safe, fridge, telephone, tv with sky sports, free wifi,kettle and a really generous selection of teas,coffees, hot chocolate even little biscuits. Must be the girlie in me but i just love the freeby shower caps bubble bath etc in little bottles so retro......

The restaurant was a little barren of people which worried me a little, but the set menu was interesting. The food was delightful, from the smoked salmon starter, braised calf liver main ( tenderest I have tasted for a long time), through to the delightful trio of tasty ice creams, all for under £ 30.

I enjoyed my stay for the price it was good enough, folks if you want 5 star pay for 5 star, the £100 price tag for mid week business stay is comparable to a premier... But I loved the quirkiness of this place.......I will go back

Room Tip: Rm 26 front double, was good enough.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Rae V
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I booked to stay here as an emergency as I had missed my ferry. I was charged £90 for the room.
Upon arrival I was checked in and handed the oldest key tag I have ever seen. Wasn't offered any help with my luggage and then had to drag my suitcase up two flights of stairs.
When I arrived at my room the lock was almost hanging off the door. The room was horrific, it was tiny and I felt like I was in a 1980 horror show. Dark green floral bed throw and matching curtains. Stains on the ceiling. Dust everywhere. The toilet stunk and I decided there and then that I couldn't sleep there. Disgusting. I asked for a refund and left.

• Stayed: August 2013