“I would never stay here again”
Review of Arndale Court

Arndale Court
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I arrived at the hotel to find a very dated and decrepit entrance and reception area. My room, although large in size was run down and felt dirty from first look. I then pulled the bed cover back to find blankets with sheets underneath. This to me is completely unacceptable when you pay £80 a night for a room. I doubt the staff clean the blankets after each stay.
The carpet, toilet, sink, sides and bed all look worn in. I wanted to feel clean so I tried to have a shower. The water came out so slow it was impossible to feel clean.
I woke up 4 times during the night cold and wishing I had a duvet.
I will not be returning and advised others to do the same!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Twosleeves

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a night for a short weekend break from London. The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. Nice location, the rooms were large and spacious. We all had a good stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed here for one night and would definatly go back again. Greeted by a lovely man in reception who went through everything and told where room was. Romm was very spacious, a bit cold so had to turn heating on but lovely. When we went to check out process was very simple and correct amount taken from card.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just returned from 1 night at this hotel, glad only 1night. Outside looks okay but is on a very noisy, busy road. Communal area a little dated but clean. Receptionist welcomed us but could not find our booking. Okay, as not very full. We stayed in room 1 right at the front overlooking the road. Room very hot so opened the window to blast of traffic noise. Very dated décor, bathroom not the best. My pet hate CARPET on the floor. It's often a complaint that there's never enough hot water, but we had hot water from both taps and took ages (such a waste) to get any cold water. My shower in the morning took ages as pressure very low.
Yes, I will say it was clean.
No tea bags on the tray but were supplied when asked as was a second set of towels. Did not sleep to well partly due to traffic noise and the bed, which was very uncomfortable. Mattress poor quality. Breakfast was okay maybe not the best quality, service was good.
For the price I Accept you get what you pay for but maybe with a little time they could update the rooms and en suites and charge more.
We won't be returning

Room Tip: Ask for room at the rear
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

You’ve got to love places like the Arndale Court hotel. It ticks every single box on the Stereotypical Dated English Hotel Checklist. It’s got the far-too-small coffee cups made from bomb-proof porcelain in the bedrooms, the even smaller fruit juice glasses at breakfast, the dodgy showers that either burn you or freeze you, the obligatory trouser presses and the overwhelming sense of beige. And, of course, it’s a strictly ‘no duvet’ affair. Sheets and blankets only at this gaff.

But here’s the important stuff. It’s clean, really welcoming, my room was huge and the food is excellent. Like, really excellent. My dinner order of Caesar salad and homemade lasagne was never going to stretch the chef too much, but credit where it’s due, both courses were great. And the poached eggs for breakfast were perfect.

So whilst it’s easy to snigger at the “I can’t believe places like this still exist” naffness of it all, the reality is that the Arndale Court does what it does really well and it leaves you with a warm glow that the average PremierLodegeTravelInn could never manage. I’m down here on business quite a lot at the moment and I will definitely stay at this place again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank glider_music
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Located just right for a stroll to both the main shopping centre -the Dolphin- and the Arts Centre and the Lighthouse Theatre. The accommodation was very good with all the expected facilities and the breakfast offered plenty of well cooked and filling choices.
The hotel has its own car park at the rear with ample spaces.
Enjoyed my one night stay very much and will definitely return for further visits.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2013

we stayed here overnight on 18th November after attending a funeral in Poole. we had dreadful colds and were weary after a long day. the welcome at reception continued when we asked for a bite to eat in our room as we were too zonked to go down to the restaurant. the room, a family room I think was spacious and well equipped and all was clean and tidy and warm on a very cold night. breakfast was excellent, again served by friendly staff. must be one of the best 3 star hotels around.

Room Tip: room no 2 on first floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends