“5 Star hospitality with a warm welcome and breathtaking views”

Harbour Heights Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Went to Harbour Heights Hotel for one night only to celebrate my birthday on 5th Nov 2011.I took my mother who wanted to try the hotel and my sister. When we arrived we were greeted so politely by the two wonderful receptionists Dimpee and Neelma. The rooms we were given were simply fantastic. My mother and sister had a larger than normal room which was 204 in fact it may have been a suite and I had a smaller room but with a balcony which was 206, both rooms were facing the breathtaking view of Poole Harbour. At bang on and please forgive the pun 8pm fireworks for bonfire night lit up the sky over Poole Harbour which we witnessed from my balcony.
Dinner was booked for 8.30pm. The head waiter greeted us with an extremely warm welcome and guided us to a lovely window table. Dinner was simply exquisite; we had a whole fresh lobster thermidor each cooked to perfection, equalling the fabulous taste that I have only experienced in the L’Horizon Hotel grill room in Jersey Chanel Isles many many years ago. Our rooms were so very comfortable. There was a control device to give you the exact required temperature. The bathrooms were fabulous which included a Jacuzzi bath and power shower.
After a very comfortable night we went down for Breakfast at 10am. There was a large choice on the menu all freshly cooked and presented to perfection.
I am afraid to say I could not fault a thing. Fabulous hotel with wonderful warm staff.
I was given a wonderful rate for bed, dinner (paid extra for the lobster) and breakfast.
Highly recommend and I am sincerely hoping to visit again.
Thank you so much.

Room Tip: Room 204 and 206 overlooking Poole harbour
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Being here for the first time, this was the perfect introduction to South-West England! Very nice staff, room was very well decorated, view stunning (with double rainbows this morning)
Breakfast is homemade and fresh - everyone who hasn't tried a full English breakfast should try it here ;-))
Specifically the large bathroom with the non-slip floor and great design was a highlight.

Room Tip: get one with a sea view! It's worth the money :-)
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We got a very warm welcome at this hotel. Our twin bedded room faced the harbour and there was plenty of room, with two comfy armchairs and a table. As we were visiting in October we were glad we did not have a balcony, which would have made the room a little smaller. Nice tea tray, iron and board and plenty of wardrobe space. Bathroom was small but the towel rail was heated. Restaurant was very pleasant with good food nicely served.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the harbour and you will not be dissappointed
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I have been fortunate to stay at numerous hotels around the country with my work, from 5 star down to guest houses. I am not a snob and as long as my room is clean and comfortable with a working television I am generally satisfied, as very little time is spent in the room anyway.
I have to say that despite some of the poor reviews I have read about Harbour Heights, it has to be one of the more pleasurable hotel experiences I have encountered.
Set in the exclusive Sandbanks area, my third floor room had a small balcony and views out over the sea which were just thrilling. The room was very well appointed and clean with all mod cons. The bed was large and comfortable. The bathroom shower had a boost function which was refreshing for the morning and the bath had air jets for a jacuzzi effect if you so wished. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I noted that the restaurant had received AA rosettes for a number of years. Breakfast was not buffet style (always disappointing for a big eater like me !) and there were the usual choices of fruit and cold meats, cereals etc and also salmon or full English. I went for the full English which was very nice and well presented. The sausage was very enjoyable but the bacon was disappointing. The dining room / bar area has a glazed frontage so that you can sit and look over the bay whilst eating / drinking. There is a large patio area where you can do likewise in the summer. A pint of lager was £3.95 which I didn't think was too bad given the setting and in comparison with pretentious London hotels. There are pubs and a very good Indian Restaurant (Rajhastan) in the Penn Hill area which is a short taxi ride away. Thoroughly enjoyable and I would look to return with my wife for a weekend as opposed to a business stay as it really is that special in my view.

Room Tip: Get a third floor room with sea views.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed for the first time in the Harbour heights hotel.Apart from the stunning seaview from the room ( because we paid extra), we were very dissapointed within the quality of the hotel which is rated 4 stars .Indeed, first we ate in the restaurant at dinner , the food and the service were very dissapointing. The food was cold and the wrong course were brouhgt to our table . I has to wait for my partner 's meal to be cooked again whilst mine was getting cold.No apologises were made by the staff for this mistake . Also , at breakfast we had to ask for food to be refilled on the buffet such as bread and fruits. That should not a guest task !Also we were not expecting to have to stand up to make our own toast in a 4 stasrs hotel. Overall too many frustrating things which should not have happened in this type of hotel and spoiled our stayed. Hence definitely will not go back there.

1  Thank Peggy D
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We've known the Harbour Heights for many years but this was the first time we've stayed. I found the new October rates on Booking.Com and upgraded to a room with a view. Our top floor room was very clean and well equiped and wire access for free internet. We ate in the restaurant on our first night and the only disapointing part was that our £25 mature steaks had too much pepper sauce "on them" knowing what I know now I'd have asked for the sauce to be in a little jug. Otherwise very nice for a special occasion. Compared to a few years ago the view isn't quite as stunning as trees have grown somewhat. It's still the best eating view of Poole Harbour in my opinion though - & yes I know Cafe Shore, Shell Bay and Italian Gossip etc. might disagree. I digress - very friendly staff helped make it a memorable short stay - Breakfast was very good as well - no rush and even when we had a coffee afterwards this was "included" .

Room Tip: Dont forget to ask for a window table when you are booking to eat
1  Thank Skipm12
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Got a sea view room on the cheap via lastminute so had relatively low expectations. My feelings were as mixed as some of the reviews about this place. Its in a great location, the staff were friendly and helpful, the room smart without being posh and the breakfast was excellent. Evening meal only average given the top notch price. It just seems to lack that something that makes you want to rave about it to a friend and the reception certainly doesnt give you the first impression wow factor. But if you can get a cheap deal, its a real bargain.

Room Tip: A sea view room is a must