“Loved it!”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Woking, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Mid week break with my wife. And it was all that we expected. Friendly welcome, great room (208) with double aspect windows across to Poole. The weather was foul but a lazy afternoon with drinks and newspapers more than compensated. Dinner: service was efficient and happy (not a word I'd usually use but it was). I had the whiting "with a twist" and it was fresh and tasty. The twist, my description, was the way the chef prepared the vegetables....... My wife had the veggie option and that worked as well. And my dessert was a knockout, a chocolate thingie (can't remember the name) that was fantastic. This hotel is very good and with its large terrace it must be an even greater treat in the summer. Go!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We recently stayed at the Harbour Heights Hotel to celebrate an 80th Birthday. We were delighted, a fabulous location with tremendous views. Our rooms on the first floor were spacious and well appointed. Everything we could possibly need and more! Super comfy beds, a seating area, TV, Tea & Coffee, Wi-Fi, bathroom with Spa bath!
The restaurant with panoramic view over the bay, fabulous breakfasts, great choice of hot dishes, we loved the Eggs Benedict! The table de hote menu was delicous, a varied selection to suit all tastes. We felt spoiled and pampered, the service is wonderful. The staff throughout the hotel were friendly and helpful, everyone we encountered made the effort to make our stay special.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Liverpool
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Got a very good deal at £56.00 for a single occupancy double room with sea view and breakfast whilst on business in the area. The staff here are very welcoming, very charming and very efficient. The hotel is in excellent order, the room was first rate ( Room 309 ) and the view was really pleasant. The bed was very comforatable and the bathroom was state of the art. It even had special mirrors that did not steam up when the bathroom was in use with the hot shower blasting!

Breakfast was varied and of very good quality. I opted for fresh fruit salad and then had a wonderful poached haddock and poached eggs. Absolutely excellent.

One negative if only a minor one was that I thought the restaurant was very expensive ( Soup of the day £7.00 ) for what it was. Baked camenbert starter £10.50. I thought this was a little over the top for a hotel restaurant. It's not as if it has any Michelin stars but soup at £7.00 is Michelin Star prices! I would have liked to try the food and my company was paying but I always like to give value for money to my employers and I did not feel this was good value for money. This encouraged me to eat elsewhere which cannot be good for business!

I still enjoyed my stay. I would certainly stay again and recommened to friends and colleagues but I am afraid I will never pay £7.00 for a bowl of soup!

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

what can i say but amazing i went their wit my husband and my two children you cold have two courses for 22.50 and three courses 29.50 it was great value for money the food was excellent the staff were friendly and helpful , but not to full on. The children had starters and a half portion of beef roast dinner which was half the price of an adults you must try and the view from the bistro is wonderful you can see across sandbanks we will be going again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
mississippi
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Could not wish for more! Comfortable very good Christmas entertainment lovely breakfast and evening meal helpful and friendly staff lovely views fab outside space, larger car park great walks to Poole and shell bay via faire

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Faversham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Having stayed at the hotel for one night B/Bon Friday the 17th of January it was very enjoyable. It was my third visit in recent times but the first to stay there.
The staff were very helpful and friendly and our room was of a good standard.
Breakfast was excellent and the view from the hotel is beautiful, even on a dull day.
Hope to get back there soon.

Room Tip: Our room did have a room with a view but, as we were there on business it did not matter too much. I...
1 Thank travelguy13122
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Very pleased. We spent a night in this hotel, the room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. We had our evening meal at the restaurant. This was delicious and all very well presented and the staff were very attentive. Breakfast was equally excellent. Our only complaint is about the young blond lady at reception who does not seem to know that a smile does not cost much and also means welcome.