“Excellent holiday”

Harbour Heights Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Reviewed 19 February 2014

First impressions as we drove into the car park were not very good as the whitewashed walls were a little tired and there were two people smoking just outside the front door. Once inside everything was different. The décor was very good and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. Our room had a sea view with a Juliet balcony. Although the hotel had no control over the weather (it was February) the vista was marvellous. When the rain stopped and the sun shone it was delightful. The room was very well appointed and had a spa bath. We did find the double bed comfortable though rather bouncy!

The restaurant gave a good view of the sea and the food and service were excellent. We couldn't have asked for anything more. We would recommend staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a harbour view room, though rooms on the other side of the corridor were also well ap...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Harbour Heights Hotel

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Arrived to a lovely warm welcome from lady on reception. Room was lovely and warm. Jacuzzi and shower fabulous. I thought my bed at home was comfy but the bed in this hotel was one of the best I had ever slept in. Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. We will definately be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annie6ty
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Mid week break with my wife. And it was all that we expected. Friendly welcome, great room (208) with double aspect windows across to Poole. The weather was foul but a lazy afternoon with drinks and newspapers more than compensated. Dinner: service was efficient and happy (not a word I'd usually use but it was). I had the whiting "with a twist" and it was fresh and tasty. The twist, my description, was the way the chef prepared the vegetables....... My wife had the veggie option and that worked as well. And my dessert was a knockout, a chocolate thingie (can't remember the name) that was fantastic. This hotel is very good and with its large terrace it must be an even greater treat in the summer. Go!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We recently stayed at the Harbour Heights Hotel to celebrate an 80th Birthday. We were delighted, a fabulous location with tremendous views. Our rooms on the first floor were spacious and well appointed. Everything we could possibly need and more! Super comfy beds, a seating area, TV, Tea & Coffee, Wi-Fi, bathroom with Spa bath!
The restaurant with panoramic view over the bay, fabulous breakfasts, great choice of hot dishes, we loved the Eggs Benedict! The table de hote menu was delicous, a varied selection to suit all tastes. We felt spoiled and pampered, the service is wonderful. The staff throughout the hotel were friendly and helpful, everyone we encountered made the effort to make our stay special.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Got a very good deal at £56.00 for a single occupancy double room with sea view and breakfast whilst on business in the area. The staff here are very welcoming, very charming and very efficient. The hotel is in excellent order, the room was first rate ( Room 309 ) and the view was really pleasant. The bed was very comforatable and the bathroom was state of the art. It even had special mirrors that did not steam up when the bathroom was in use with the hot shower blasting!

Breakfast was varied and of very good quality. I opted for fresh fruit salad and then had a wonderful poached haddock and poached eggs. Absolutely excellent.

One negative if only a minor one was that I thought the restaurant was very expensive ( Soup of the day £7.00 ) for what it was. Baked camenbert starter £10.50. I thought this was a little over the top for a hotel restaurant. It's not as if it has any Michelin stars but soup at £7.00 is Michelin Star prices! I would have liked to try the food and my company was paying but I always like to give value for money to my employers and I did not feel this was good value for money. This encouraged me to eat elsewhere which cannot be good for business!

I still enjoyed my stay. I would certainly stay again and recommened to friends and colleagues but I am afraid I will never pay £7.00 for a bowl of soup!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2014

what can i say but amazing i went their wit my husband and my two children you cold have two courses for 22.50 and three courses 29.50 it was great value for money the food was excellent the staff were friendly and helpful , but not to full on. The children had starters and a half portion of beef roast dinner which was half the price of an adults you must try and the view from the bistro is wonderful you can see across sandbanks we will be going again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Could not wish for more! Comfortable very good Christmas entertainment lovely breakfast and evening meal helpful and friendly staff lovely views fab outside space, larger car park great walks to Poole and shell bay via faire

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends