“Very good hotel”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Frome, England, United Kingdom
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I went here on a spa and fitness weekend with a group. Really enjoyed my stay here. Lovely room, twin, large, but I think because we were on the car park side it was a large room as I heard the sea view rooms were smaller. Room was lovely and clean, good temperature, nice bathroom.

The dining in La Roche I highly recommend. Really excellent food here and really good value for money at £29.50 for 3 courses. Cannot fault this dining experience at all. Restaurant Manager Nadine was really wonderful and so helpful, all the waiting staff were excellent too.

Buffet dining the following night at the same price was a bit lacking, all food was nicely prepared but didn't live up to the previous night although the price was the same which was disappointing. Bar menu was a bit limited in my opinion, and I had a Nicoise salad which was odd to say the least. At £12.50 I expected proper tuna and actual olives but instead it was a very mayonaissey tuna mush and some puree olive, can't say I'd recommend it.

I enjoyed the spa and used all the facilities. Hotel had no robes when we were there which was disappointing but not a major problem (although I did manage to get one!). Loved the outdoor pool, hydro pool, outdoor hot tub, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room but, behind the strange slatted things on the walls it was a bit grubby, could do with a deep clean. Still I felt excellent facilities and was included in the cost of hotel stay unlike many places. There is also a gym and tennis courts.

Very busy at breakfast but they really kept the food coming out. The usual english breakfast fare but also excellent poached fruit and fantastic muesli bar with nuts, dried fruits and seeds, very much enjoyed that.

Overall very good.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are smaller, if you can manage not having a view when you are in your room you'll...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laura F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
  • Greek first
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed for 2 nights as part of a break away with my partner. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived until we left. Nothing was too much for the staff. The room was spacious and clean. Good food all round. Would recommend the hotel with an amazing location nothing like eating your meals over looking the sea.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Paulnicholls37
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I booked this and took my mum here for her birthday. The spa was 'OKish' but the changing rooms and other facilities were not good. The showers were cold and dirty as were changing rooms. The general place was just grotty and was in need of a good clean. I would not say this was a 4 star hotel and spa. The afternoon tea was OK the champagne wasn't nice and the bread on the sandwiches were really hard and seemed like they had been laying around for days! When I went the air con wasn't working so the room was so hot and all the windows had steamed up so we couldn't see the view out over the sea. The staff weren't very helpful. I would not go back to this hotel as its not worth the money. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE! very disappointing.

Room Tip: I didn't stay the night here but judging by the spa I wouldn't want to!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank JessVaughan

Travellers are raving about these Poole hotels

ENGLAND
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I booked this for my wife's 50th birthday surprise.I had no need to worry as the stay was faultless.We were given a room with superb views that was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The staff were excellent and very friendly,special thanks to Emma who was our first point of contact and made us feel special. The facilities available exceeded our expectations and we took full advantage during our stay and in doing so met some nice people.
I would hesitate in recommending this hotel as you will not be disappointed, the hotel may not be rated as 5 star but all the staff we encountered were. Many thanks to all my wife was delighted.

Room Tip: Whilst not always available for obvious reasons, go for harbour or sea view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Myself and my staff and partners stayed and celebrated our 15 year anniversary in business. We had a private function room (The Brownsea) and everything was just superb. From the moment I arrived we were welcomed and nothing was too much trouble.
I have to say a big thank you to Christina and her events team for organising this and a special mention for Nicole who looked after us all evening.
Wonderful food and just a brilliant evening.

Room Tip: Just ask for a sea view!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Very disappointed with our room it was dull and even had a 1980's television set! We weren't impressed with the food not a great deal of choice and expensive for what we were given. However the breakfast was excellent lots to eat and fresh. Can't complain about staff or how clean the hotel was. The other complaint is that lots of people had to walk through the bar/restaurant to get to the spa and they were in their dressing gowns!! We found this very unacceptable!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Linda G
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I've stated here several times, but on this occasion it was for my birthday. We had a family room, and was more than happy with the space. This hotel is perfect if you like beaches and sightseeing. The indoor and outdoor pool is a massive plus. The bar is decent and the staff are friendly

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poole
Sandbanks Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Poole
Grand Hotel Swanage
Grand Hotel Swanage
#1 of 5 in Swanage

Been to The Haven Hotel? Share your experiences!