1,764 results
All reviews chain ferry sea view point restaurant steam room spa pool watching the boats poole harbour stunning location old harry rocks public areas bar menu leisure facilities brownsea island fantastic views bit dated buffet style third floor
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On the whole quite disappointed for the amount of money spent. We were told we could book in at 3pm after agreeing this via a telephone call. However upon arrival we were ushered into the bar and told we would have another hours wait. A complimentary drink for the inconvenience perhaps? No chance!
The room was in the uppermost part of the hotel overlooking the very noisy ferry. The room looked all well and good at first glance but after spending a few minutes in there it became apparent it was in dire need of some tlc. The window frames were rotten and the rest of the décor etc was worn and tired. The balcony was dreadful as was the furniture.
Our breakfast in bed was close to what we ordered but simple things like cornflakes were swapped for frosties and white stiff bread instead of toast. No condiments or sauces at all and the eggs were solid. I understand it takes a minute or three to deliver from the kitchen to the room but the food was cold as was the tea/coffee.
The good side was the meal. The food was to die for and the service most excellent. In fact most of the staff were quite accommodating though I think the reception staff needed a break as they appeared tired and weary of difficult customers. Not that my partner nor I were difficult at all. We tend to let things slide and allow the staff to sort things as best as possible, so we sat quietly and waited to be called to go to our room. At 4.30pm we went and asked if the room was nearly ready and were given our key and allowed to go up immediately. I think we had been forgotten.
Cest la vie on the day. But I've wanted to make this report for a long time. We paid in full and heavily and never got chance to use the Spa due to the registering issues.
So on the whole quite dissapointed.
Parking was limited also. Had to queue for a space.

Room Tip: Opt for a newer part of the hotel if there is one as the upstairs rooms are in a poor state of repair. Not like the pictures
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mandydavies1966
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Location location location makes this hotel cannot fault the views and setting but after years of decay it’s time for this place to get a refurb and a general tidy up and then it will be a luxury number one hotel on the coast .
It’s near the houses of all the stars that live in the area

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband booked 2 two nights at this hotel. The views are amazing there is a ferry terminal next to the hotel which is not a problem, no disturbance from it. The beaches are very family/dog friendly. The hotel it self needs a refurb as most things are wonky including the floors. But you really on stay there for the views. The food is ok but nothing special. The spa is nice and we were lucky to use the outside Jacuzzi and we went in the summer. You really need a car as its a long walk to find restaurants as sandbanks is one way in and one way out, so traffic very heavy. The car park at the hotel is not great as the spaces are small and few and the cars seem to be all range rovers.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Always like this hotel. The nicest rooms are balcony & Sea view. Especially with Secret Escapes deal. Love the bar fabulous vista. The food is always good. Great for a couple of nights break. Rick Stein’s is a walk away.
I believe all the FJB hotels are being sold for redevelopment so enjoy while you can.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have stopped at the Haven a few times now.it is our perfect hotel.However ,appreciating it is coming to the Summer season end,we had a couple of issue,minor ones.The iron in the room leaked water from the plate and the filler,but was replaced immediately with a brand new one.This should have been picked up by housekeeping. It had serious health and safety issues.The plunger to the sink had dismantled therefore not allowing you to empty it.Having reasonable diy I recoupled the mechanism underneath the sink.Picky?yes we could be but this is 4 star of a high grade.Nevertheless,the hotel for its age is holding up extremely well.Everything else could not be faulted.Beautiful hotel in a beautiful position. Breakfast looking out to sea,who could ask for anything better.Don't be put off by my niggles.We shall be there again next year.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple