I have just had the experience of staying in one your hotels, The Sandbanks.
I spent £410 for two nights in what can only be described as a £20 per night bed and breakfast. I have had my holiday ruined and left more stressed than I came.
I will list some reasons for this remark:
• My balcony was dirty
• My sea view was 50% car park, 30% tree and 20% sea
• The first room we stayed in was dirty
• We had to ask for toiletries as there was only 1 shampoo (that’s it) for a family of 3
• The was 1 tea cup, for a family of 3
• There was no tea
• There was no pillow on the child’s bed (which actually was the sofa pulled out when we were told it would be a separate bed)
• The TV didn’t work – and if it did there was nowhere to sit and watch it due to the angle on the wall
• There was no iron – we had to ask for one
• There was no hairdryer – we had to ask for one
• There was no special luxury at all that I expected from a 4 star hotel (and I stay in a lot due to my work)
• The breakfast was a fast, there were no croissants (even when I asked)
• The salmon was pre-packed and the hollandaise sauce was from a packet (I know as my partner is a head chef of 20 years)
• The sausages were pink in the middle – we were told they were meant to be that way, it’s the way they are cooked!
• The eggs were not runny
• There was only a choice of honey, marmite or blackcurrant jam as everything else had run out
• The tables were dirty and you were not shown to a seat as you would expect in a 4* you just had to find a seat
• The first night we had dinner and booked a table and were told we could have the terrace menu in the restaurant as well as the set menu, but when we got in there that was not the case – so got moved to the terrace. It took 3 attempts to get a medium rare steak – the first time it was overdone, second they didn’t rest it and only came with tomatoes, the third time and over 1.5 hour later it was ok
• I wanted to use the facilities of the funsters, which I was happy to pay for but was told was included and that they were trained child care providers – on the first night I went to drop my daughter off for dinner, then to be entertained whilst we ate – but was told by a funster ‘we take no reasonability for your child’ so I would have to sit with them the whole time – what is the point? Obviously didn’t use this facility
• One of the funster activity was watching cartoons for ½ hour – really?
• There were no ashtrays outside
• We had to carry our luggage to our rooms
• We had to move rooms after the first night as we were double booked
• The car park was full so we had to pay for parking elsewhere
• The internet Wi-Fi didn’t work
• The pool was dirty and cold – I don’t know what picture you are displaying on the website but it sure isn’t the same one as in the sandbanks hotel
• I called before I came to book 2 massages and no one called me back and when I was there was told there was no space and I should have called in advance
I wanted a luxury hotel, with 4 star treatment, a spa and comfortable, scenic views what I got was not that. I was excited and really looking forward to staying at your hotel, but after the first 3 hours I just wanted to cry, felt stressed and wanted to go home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched in one of England's most enviable seaside locations, the Sandbanks Hotel is a relaxed and affordable holiday destination. With direct access to the world-famous sandbanks beach - seven miles of prestigious blue flag awarded sand to get between your toes! Our popular beach-side terrace area is a place to recline with a glass of wine.Featuring well-appointed rooms that have been designed for comfort and relaxation. Many boasting either sea views or outlooks across Poole harbour. We're sure you'll agree that when it comes to family holidays, it's best to keep everybody happy. Mum, dad, teenagers, toddlers and everyone in between all need their own piece of holiday heaven. The Sandbanks Hotel is a fun filled staycation location for family seaside holidays. With dedicated children's entertainment during school holidays, an exciting programme of activities and adventure with the Watersports Academy - there are more opportunities for mum and dad to find some relaxation time. Our Seaview Restaurant boasts celebrated chefs and an enviable sea view. Helmed by Head Chef, Wayne Joyce and his commitment for creating good food with local ingredients inspired by our wonderful location. When you need a rest from building sandcastles, Sandbanks Beach Club is the perfect spot for a summertime bite. Located on the terrace, it's an easy option for lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sandbanks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandbanks Poole
- Hotel Poole Sandbanks
- Poole Sandbanks
- Sandbanks Hotel Poole, Dorset
- Hotel Sandbanks