“Nice views front and back rooms”
Review of Sandbanks Hotel

Sandbanks Hotel
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Nice views front and back rooms”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Firstly free parking always a plus,rooms facing sea front and habour have great views-the decor is a bit dated through out the hotel-tesco express next door for essential shopping-room i had was very spacious facing the habour,cant fault the staff-overall nice chilled place to stay could do with upgrade on paint,furniture.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

For Father's Day my extended family met up at the Sandbanks Hotel to suprise my 88 year old Dad. There were 29 of us ranging in age from 10 to 88 years old and this hotel had something for everyone. The staff were extremely helpful and attentive and nothing was too much trouble. We started with drinks in the beautiful Compass room with an amazing view of the beach and sea. We then had lunch in a private room next to the dining room. We had the Cavery lunch which was delicious (the smoked salmon starter was pacticuarly outstanding!).The roast lunch was very tasty with plenty of choice . There were also vegetarian and fish alternatives which looked good but personally I couldn't resist the roast beef and amazing yorkshire puddings. After lunch we sat outside on the terrace and enjoyed the magnificent sea views. All in all I would highly recommend The Sandbanks hotel for this kind of family occaision. My Dad and his wife are staying in the hotel for a few days and I look forward to hearing their comments but if yesterday is anything to go by they are in for a special treat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sleepless_in_Paris
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My husband booked this hotel as an anniversary treat from the website the hotel looks very modern and had a lovely terrace looking out to sea very romantic and just what we were looking for!
Well on arrival the building from the front is very tired and in need of some cosmetic work.
But hey that's not the end of the world!
On checking we were told that we were staying on the third floor and that the lift strangely only goes to the second floor you have to take the stairs! Ok for us but not so good if you have trouble walking! After about 10 minutes or so of trying to find our room as there are lots of turnings and doorways and not a lot of signage!
The views I have to say we're fantastic from our room and couldn't have been better!
On initial inspection our room was ok nothing to fancy but ok
However after trying to turn on the taps in the bathroom they fell apart and when I then went on to run a bath before dinner the water came out dirty for a good 10 minutes.
Although we had a few niggles with the hotel we were still enjoying our stay
In the evening we went to the sea view restaurant in the hotel for dinner
My husband are neither huge eaters but the meal was very small portioned to say the least and rather over priced!!
Also we are both seasoned travellers of all ranges of hotels from 2 star to 5 star luxury hotels and I've never been in a four star hotel or a two star for that matter that had dead flowers sitting in dirty water on reception for the I tire duration of our trip
Just think there needs to be more attention to detail and felt that the hotel was more a three star than four

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank The Egg W
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We visited Sandbank Hotel in June and would definitely go again. We found the hotel itself comfortable although there was a problem with the air con on the first night but it was dealt with efficiently and sympathetically by the staff. All the staff were friendly and helpful so all in all we had a very relaxing, enjoyable couple of days there. - made all the more perfect by the glorious weather.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clarecrouse
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

My friend treated me to an afternoon tea a week ago, I was really looking forward to it as heard the hotel was lovely. The large terrace are which is right on the beach is beautiful, the food coming out for lunch looked very tasty, sadly our afternoon tea was not quite up to scratch, no choice of tea, 3 finger sandwiches each no extra allowed, scones two were good, cakes not home made and was a flapjack and a chocolate cube with biscuit in, and a small slice of farmhouse fruit cake, we did not eat any of the cakes as we expect home made and at the very least spite cakes with icing.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Michaela O

Travellers are raving about these Poole hotels

Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I was booked in here by my company and therefore didn't pay but if I was holidaying I would be extremely dissatisfied. I had a deluxe room which according to their website is £209 a night mainly for the fact you get a lounge area, dressing room and big balcony. However, there were cracks in areas of the bathroom, the balcony looked like it hadn't been cleaned since last year and the double bed was obviously 2 singles pushed together with an extremely uncomfortable difference in height. The breakfast was also quite bad, we ate at 7:30, only 30 mins after it starts and the food was cold, dry with the bonus of a hair in my mushrooms. I have stayed in all manor of places, for business and pleasure but this hotel is very bad value for money.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank chesy84
Bedford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I must stress that we only visited Sandbanks since we were staying at their sister hotel The Haven, but walked along the beach to sit on their veranda, which offers stunning views over the beach.

I was astounded to see scaffolding erected at the front of the hotel and the noise from the workmen made it impossible to relax. Had I paid for a premium room only to find scaffolding erected outside I would have requested an immediate refund!

I have stayed at this hotel previously and my first experience was a positive one. During our first stay, we enjoyed fireworks on the veranda, and two wonderful bands which made a lasting impression and why we rebooked for the following year. That however, was a complete disaster, since the groups had been replaced with a solo singer who was distinctly average and the firework display on Friday evening had been discontinued. The rooms were falling into disarray, the chef was rude and unwilling to accommodate a vegetarian diet and the room was beyond noisy, in that we heard every word from the adjoining family room, which should never have been rented as a separate unit.

This hotel enjoys a stunning location on the beach and could be the best in Poole & Bournmouth. It promises so much but delivers so little, which is a real shame.

I must commend them however for updating their menu which boasts a wonderful array of vegetarian food. I was quite literally spoilt for choice. I just hope that the owner and manager takes note of these complaints and act before the hotel has its reputation spoilt beyond repair!

Room Tip: If you are staying at this hotel now, please note that they are undergoing much needed building work...