“a bit too much noise”

Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Staff friendly but food average. Cold chips and puddings not really described well. Okish but not special

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I can't be too hard on this place because what you get for your money is excellent value.
This Slug & Lettuce in Poole is light and airy, the staff do their best to keep up with a full restaurant on a bank holiday Monday. The tables are cleared and wiped down quickly.
We had to wait nearly an hour for our food but we warned about this delay.
The food was not too bad, I enjoyed my salmon salad and my husband had the biggest beef burger ever.
You get what you pay for, so with a starter, a main course and two lots of drinks we only paid £16. We will go back!

1  Thank Zipperhead2003
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Myself and my friend decided to visit here for a meal and a drink. Went onto the website first and found a 25% off voucher which was great. They have 2-4-1 cocktails available all the time which we went for. The food came quickly and was lovely and couldn't have been better we also had desert which was also 2-4-1. Overall prices are reasonably cheap. I would defiantly recommend this place and will be visiting again soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for a lunch when we were in poole on a monday ( 50% off) day.
It was heaving.we found one empty table ( which was dirty).
Quite promptly a waitress came over and cleaned it.
We were then told it was a self service table.
So had to write down what we wanted and go to the bar.also get our own drinks. (This is quite difficult with a tray of drinks and packed restaurant. A lot of baby buggies everywhere taking alot of room).
Food was good.a 40 minute wait though.we were warned about it first, which is good.
A meal for four with a bottle of wine and drinks for kids only £38 .
If you dont mind abit of chaos this is ideal.
I think I would go back but not on a monday.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

ok for a quick lunch.was quite busy for a sunday.reasonable prices.waitress was friendly and helpful.food arrived quickly.