“Fabulous”
Review of Hotel du Vin Poole

Hotel du Vin Poole
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We have just returned from a fabulous two nights in the Hotel du Vin. The room was large and beautifully decorated with the biggest and most comfy bed we have ever slept in. The food was exquisite and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty. This was the most classy way to celebrate our wedding anniversary and I can't wait until our next child-free break because we will definitely be returning to the Hotel du Vin in Poole.

2  Thank Kate E

998 - 1,004 of 1,227 reviews

Reviewed 15 September 2012

We stayed here for one night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We've stayed in a few other branches of Hotel du Vin, but this one rates as the best in our experience.

We had a fabulous large room (Balfour), with a great balcony overlooking the internal courtyard. The comfy sofa on the balcony was perfect for lying back with a drink to browse through the in-room magazines.

We ate in the hotel restaurant and had an excellent meal there, with super service. The lounge areas are perfect for pre and post meal drinks. There's a great ambience and lots of space, so even at busy times, you could find somewhere to sit.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quality, stylish, relaxing and romantic venue for a special trip.

2  Thank MourneGirl
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel for another child free mini break. We have stayed in other Hotel Du Vin's and have always been very happy with the extremely good standard of service. We were not disappointed. The room was lovely, spacious and comfortable with a touch of luxury. We ate in the restaurant on both nights of our stay and the food was fabulous. The food was only slightly surpassed by the excellent service who were friendly and attentive without being intrusive. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SusieandChris
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Had a standard room (Hush Heath) – it was spacious and quiet with a great bathroom (fabulous toiletries). Service was friendly and attentive. Really enjoyed my stay, wish it could have been longer. Would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AJ_5555
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My partner and I stayed here recently for a much-needed one-night break, which I had booked here because I'd had such a great experience at the Hotel du Vin in Bristol and wanted to visit Poole.

We were charged £180 for the night (room only) and were told we had one of the last available rooms (the hotel did look very full). There are better deals for Sundays available, but obviously not on a bank holiday weekend!

The hotel is quite difficult to find, as it is up a quiet street but very close to the Quay, but has a lovely classic frontage when you get there. We found our own parking space right outside (but were still charged £10 for valet parking, which I thought was a bit cheeky!)

The very efficient and cheery receptionist checked us in and showed us to our room, which was pleasant enough but had a TINY bathroom with a shower over a normal-sized bath (certainly not the Hotel du Vin 'oversized bath' I was expecting). My partner, who is 6'3", had to laugh when he tried to have a shower - the 'powerful drench shower' was fixed at a height level with his chin! The complimentary toiletries were of good quality (I love it when they provide shampoo AND conditioner!) and appreciated.

Unfortunately neither of us drink coffee, but there was a very nifty coffee machine in the room and I really appreciated the fresh milk in the mini-bar fridge for my tea.

We had booked dinner in the hotel restaurant, and had a great meal there which was enhanced by the enthusiastic and jolly staff. The cheese board was particularly good. Afterwards, it was lovely to be able to step out of the hotel straight onto the lively Quay area for a post-prandial wander along the harbour front.

In the morning I treated myself to continental breakfast in bed, which was more than enough for the two of us. Check out was painless.

A great little hotel, with lovely staff - a bit pricey for the room size, but definitely worth it if you can take advantage of one of the promotions available. We left relaxed and happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a bathroom with a separate bath and shower if possible
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nikki F
Reviewed 10 September 2012

“Simply Wonderful!”

We stayed here for our anniversary on September 7th  2012. I can honestly say  Hotel Du Vin Poole is truly worth a visit and is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in... it just has it all!  Massive beds, soft bedding, soft lighting and a roll top bath in the room!,, I personally  think this hotel should be held up as a model of perfect service. Every single employee goes out of their way to make sure guests have an enjoyable stay  from the manager John through to all the employees. Tom the deputy manager was very helpful and Clare the restaurant manager was attentive and made sure that she saved the table we requested and we enjoyed our meal.
The rooms are clean, fresh and stylish.  The restaurant is top class and has a good choice. The bar and patio area is a total chill out area.
Excellent breakfast menu (and I don't really like breakfast, but there was lots to tempt me).
Great price considering the style and location (minutes walk from quay).
And above all really good service! efficient and friendly without being too formal.

We  are already planning our next visit!
Thank you to the team at Hotel Du Vin Poole for making our anniversary so wonderful.

Room Tip: Book well in advance it's very busy.
1  Thank webcatcher
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My partner booked this hotel on our way from Jersey. Very convenient if you arrived late as it is such a short step from the ferry. We didn't have dinner but enjoyed a nice bottle of wine down the bar. The room is very comfortable and the bed was huge. I loved the Miller Harris products in the bathroom. Breakfast was a buffet with some nice warm bread and all the trimmings. It wasn't very busy so service was very quick. We enjoyed it so much that we stopped for some light lunch on our return journey. I would definitely recommend it.

2  Thank Valerie L