“Another very pleasant stay”

Salterns Harbourside Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Having stayed at the Hotel previously, I had no hesitation to book again. My short stay was excellent and Sarah, at Reception, ensured that I had a beautiful room overlooking the harbour. I would certainly recommend to others. Even my request to vary the standard breakfast menu was readily accommodated without fuss

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank chriscaine

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights it's just perfect,the settings are amazing.
We are in the resturant the first night and loved the food and atmosphere. Lovely breakfast. We had an amazing room with the est view of the harbour,we wanted to stay longer

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Mrandmrseatoutalot
Reviewed 1 June 2014

When we arrived the whole hotel was buzzing with activity , we really didn't expect to get a table in the restaurant especially as we hadn't booked . But to our surprise , we were greeted by a lovely Scottish lady manager who was bubbly and very friendly , and she even managed to get us a table with a view of the most breathtaking marina . Admittedly there was music coming from another function but it didn't out us off as some of the music had our feet tapping . The whole enviornment was great .the restaurant was very busy but louise just kept singing and whistling from time to time and made a laugh of the bustling activity .the menu was extensive , a lot to choose from , that was the most difficult part , if that's an issue ! On the way out , we were even invited into the party , we will be going back and would recommend you try this hidden gem . Well done

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laura H
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Firstly I must say that I cannot comment on the residential aspects of this superbly located hotel as my Wife and I visited for an evening dinner and living only 25 miles (40km for the benefit of our continental readers) away we did not stay overnight. But what I can say is that if the standard of the accommodation is as good as the standard of the food it is EXCELLENT!

When booking I had requested a window table with a lovely view.....and this is exactly what we got. On arrival we were warmly greeted and seated by a lovely young lady (Sarah) who was our waitress for the duration of our visit. Absolutely perfect friendly helpful and efficient service, in fact I feel that if she were entered into the 'Waitress Of The Year' competition she would certainly reach the finals and would probably walk off with the title!!

The food was of good quality, perfectly cooked and presented. I will not bore you with details of everything but I just cannot finish off without mention of the fillet steak we both enjoyed which went to prove that the chef here knows what it's all about.....very few chefs get our preferences absolutely correct.....my Wife likes hers very very well-done (almost to the point of cremation) and in some places she gets it just about well-done or sometimes even medium-to-well.....I like mine blue and frequently I get it rare or sometimes even rare-to-medium. The chef here got both of them spot on.

To conclude, all I can say is that if you visit YOU WILL ENJOY.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank InnesDorchester
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel is a gem of a find, the location is wonderful overlooking the marina. We stayed here for 3 nights and the family room was lovely and spacious with a great view, even allowed us to take the dog. After reading the reviews regarding the food we were a bit wary, but the 3 of us eat in the restaurant every night and the food was wonderful and I would definitely recommend it.

I will definitely be coming back for another break.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Thomas_bridgend
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Salterns is in one of the marina,s in Poole it has a lovely outlook cross the harbour good menu choice lunchtime specials and full al carte if you visit you will not be disappointed good service and value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank zandrafin
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stopped here for a bar lunch after attending the boat show. Only had sandwiches but the bread was very dry and unappetising and the chips tasteless. No atmosphere in bar with children running around, not that that is the staffs fault. Very cheap prices but poor quality.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple