“Great afternoon out” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Splashdown Waterpark Poole

Splashdown Waterpark Poole
Ranked #16 of 59 things to do in Poole
More attraction details
Owner description: Splashdown Waterpark is a great day out for family and friends. There’s something for everyone – from big kids to little ones – with some of the UK’s most exciting waterflumes.For the thrill-seekers, brave the Screamer with its sheer vertical drop. Plunge into darkness on the Black Thunder. And hold on to your pants as you shoot down the Spacebowl like a human pinball. Or if that sounds a bit like hard work, just go with the flow on the Mississippi Drifter.There’s the fabulous Little Buccaneers SplashZone with a starter flume, water play area and Buccaneer Bay, our toddler swimming pool. And, on a hot summer’s day, Buccaneer Beach is the perfect spot for a splash with the little ones. There’s even somewhere to play for little landlubbers.We’re open all year with indoor rides in the winter. In the spring, we take the slide outside where the Mississippi pours into the Grand Canyon. And, in May, bring on the awesome Screamer Tower – it’s fluming good fun! What are you waiting for?
Dorset
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great afternoon out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

What a fab day we had at splashdown. It's unlike any other water park I have been to as it it predominantly inside (due to our non-tropical climate :D). It's great fun - there are plenty of different water slides all giving varying degrees of thrill. My son is not a confiden swimmer so I was worried before we got there. I needn't have been - we made sure someone always went before him and he enjoyed every minute.
We went in the summer so the outdoor bits were open - don't know if it would be less enjoyable in winter?
Anyway, I thoroughly recommend this for the whole family.

2 Thank Kate P

Bournemouth, Dorset
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Went there years ago & nearly drowned...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

...I'm OK now but I couldn't swim, so feel that is a must. It was freezing when you went on the outside bit in your big rubber ring! I fell out of mine but a lifeguard saved me! I was only 8 at the time!

1 Thank Emirates-TRIP
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Splashdown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

Great fun for all the family. Good location for other facilities too.

“Great value day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Visited Splashdown at the weekend and was surprised how much there was to do for the reasonable price. Even though the outside slides were closed because it was out of season, there was still enough to do, and we came back after lunch to carry on the fun! I would recommend Splashdown to anyone, obviously avoid school holidays if possible as it's gonna be busier, but you know what to expect. Having been during the summer holidays too, I've found it to be sufficiently clean considering the volume of people, and always staff trying to keep the changing rooms tidy ( a near impossible task!). If you're in the area with your mates or family, give it a go.

Crewe
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“dreadful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

I just want to give people some idea about what they are letting themselves in for if they decide to visit Splashdown waterpark in Poole. We decided to go there during one particularly rainy day during our half-term break with friends to Dorset - what a mistake! After paying a large amount for the four of us, two adults, one 5 year old and a 13 month old baby (£24) for a 2 hour session, we barely lasted an hour. Immediately after paying, it was clear that this attraction was absolutely jam packed! Firstly, we were 'greeted' with full, dirty changing rooms, of which I counted only 5 were operating family change rooms, thus no changing table for our non-walking baby. After precariously managing to change our young children we then proceeded into the water area. One of the two small water areas which was deemed suitable for 'little ones' was incredibly overcrowded, with many boistrous teenagers splashing aroung in large inflatable rings and throwing balls. The second splash area was not an option, as we couldn't get our small children past the queue of people with inflatable rings! After giving-up, my husband stayed with my 5 year-old daughter whilst I took our baby to get changed. Still no free family change rooms. I squeezed past the crowds and went into a cubicle and dried and dressed my baby son on a six-inch-wide ledge. To say this was stressful as well as dangerous would be an understatement! On waiting for the others (my husband, daughter and friends), it soon became clear that I was not the only one to think how poorly the facility is run and set-out. My friend came out of the changing rooms with his 4-year-old disabled daughter and what looked like steam coming out of his ears. He told me he had just had to balance his little girl, who is unable to walk, on a six-inch-ledge also. Absolutely disgraceful! To sum-up: unclean, overpriced, not 'little-one' friendly, poorly managed, awful changing rooms, and not up to catering for the ridiculous number it allows in!

Visited October 2011