“Will never recommend this place to anyone”
Review of Lake Yard

Lake Yard
Ranked #33 of 362 Restaurants in Poole
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Kids, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Stunning Waterside Members Bar and Restaurant. Visitors are welcome.
Poole, United Kingdom
“Will never recommend this place to anyone”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

A busy bank holiday weekend, and the place was buzzing. We hadn't booked a table and therefore expected to wait until one came free. We were happy to do this as the location here is wonderful. They were unsure of how long a table would be, however after waiting for 1 hour , we asked the Manager if she had any idea how long a table would be free (again, we were in no rush, but just wanted an idea) Her response was unimaginably rude, I have never been spoken to they way she spoke to us. Her words amongst others 'what? how am i supposed to know? I've told you already you'll have to wait' in a very rude tone.
We knew they were busy, but if a restaurant manager cannot handle the pressure they are in the wrong job. I have worked in the restaurant industry for years now, and understand the pressure, but at no point have I ever responded to a customer like this.
A small establishment like this rely's on word or mouth and I shall certainly be sharing my experience.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank Lucy R
Robin C, Owner at Lake Yard, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Lucy
We were most disappointed to hear that your visit to Lake Yard over the Easter weekend was unsatisfactory. We apologise for the response you received, which is completely out of character for Lake Yard and not consistent with our operation.
We would welcome a personal contact from you so that we can deal with this matter to your satisfaction. Please email robin@lakeyard.com.

London, United Kingdom
“One of the few places you can go by boat. Friendly, lovely maritime decor”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Such a haven away from the hassle of everyday life. Great food, great staff and great view.
Perfect for a summer sundowner on the terrace. Moules to be recommended, good wine list.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank PIHP
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“It's good”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I've been a member of Lake Yard off and on for the last 13 years and it has seen good times and bad. It got to a stage where the bad outweighed the good that I just wouldn't go there, but over the past few years things have been picking up, but I still wonder before putting it on the list of places to eat.

It's a members club (and I am a member) but they welcome non-members, so much so that at one stage I refused to pay membership because 90% of the people in there weren't and there was no discernible benefit. Now they have 2 price lists, one for members the other for non-members and the difference is, give or take 10%, but that includes drinks and food.

Last Sunday I had family staying, one of whom is wheelchair bound, so where to go for Sunday lunch I thought, well as my guest had never been to Poole before as as the view from Lake Yard is second to none I thought it was worth a try as wheelchair access is not a problem there. Lake Yard sits, not on a lake, but on the edge of Poole Harbour with great views across to the Purbecks over the sea.

We all went for the Roast Beef and there were 5 very happy people at the end. I could go on, but I won't it was excellent, as indeed was the service and the bottle of very reasonably priced wine we had. I skipped the desert, I was full, but others had one and were again delighted, the coffee that followed was first class too.

They gave us a survey to complete, one of the questions was 'should we continue to use high quality meats or use cheaper cuts and bring the price down' I just hope they don't even think of it! £11 for Sunday Lunch isn't bad and it was great value for money.

was it good? Well I renewed my Membership so it must have been. Keep it up, best wishes to Robin and his team

• Visited January 2012