“Fantastic Boating setting relaxed smart casual”
Review of Lake Yard

Lake Yard
Ranked #28 of 372 Restaurants in Poole
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Stunning Waterside Members Bar and Restaurant. Visitors are welcome.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Went back here for a second time definitely not disappointed. Took friends and we all had seafood that impressed. The service was good too. Would recommend this to anyone. Can't wait to return. The price was ok for the meal too.

There are newer reviews for Lake Yard

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Visited here with my close girlfriends for my 40th. Fairly nice setting until a boat starts up right near the waters edge and all you can smell is diesel. Food nice but a dessert spoonful of potatoes and 2 pieces of asparagus with your chicken is a little measly. Service I have to say was atrocious, we were served our food well after other people who had ordered before us ( think many of them were members). Over an hour between starter and main course. The waitress decided not to give us the £15 change we were owed - maybe she thought it was a tip? By this point I just wanted to leave as I'd had enough. It's right on my doorstep but truthfully I wouldn't visit again.

4  Thank Gracieswoosmum
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I went to Lake Yard for the first time on Friday with friends and family. It took some finding but we were not disappointed as the setting is excellent and on a warm summers evening it must be superb as there are several areas than can be opened up directly onto the boat yard making it light and airy.
Our food was good, the service was very friendly and you were not being pushed along to clear the table.In particular the large Sea Bass I ordered was a monster and although cooked simply it was perfect. I have been to many restaurants where ordering fish is simply out of the question because of the ridiculous price or minuscule portions, this was certainly not the case at Lake Yard.
Well worth it and we will definitely be back

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Right on the harbour edge - the old boat show room. Somewhat limited menu but what views and no where better on a summer`s day/evening.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

After reading the reviews, thought this would be a good place to visit. Wrong! Extremely overpriced. My ratatouille on a bruschetta with a very uninteresting salad, just mixed leaves,basically, was £11.95. I have to say the dessert was tasty. The view of course was superb, but service not acceptable for a place charging these prices.